W204 Steering Wheel & Squib retrofit to W203 C Class

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250D Coupe / Ex SL500 R230 - CLC V6 - Crossfire V6 - W203 C230k Coupe
Hi not sure if this is the correct section to post in?

Id like some help / advice with my current task which I have started but hit a brick wall...

I want to retrofit the W204 Steering wheel to my car. I have googled this for days and searched the forum but it returns 0 results strangely? So I decided to get stuck in and find out the hard way...

*****I have removed the steeringwheel and attempted to fit the w204 part and have noticed the W204's harness is the same (apart from the shape of the airbag connectors), however the steeringwheel itself does not fit the w203 squib.

Before I go any further Id like to know if anybody else has successfully done this or seen or read about or can advise as to if this would be possibile if I now purchase a W204 squib (as the squib/clockspring) seems to not allow the steering wheel to seat onto the splined shaft.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

a4tu1w.jpg

nvcp36.jpg

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Never heard of anyone doing this. I tried fitting a pre-facelift wheel to my facelifted 203 only to discover the buttons wouldn't work because of a change in electronics/communications logic

I think you might find a similar situation.

OP
S

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ive been googling and ebaying hard and havent seemed to find anybody thats covered this?

Surely the wheel will physically fit with the matching squib, but as you say its a gamble with the electronics..

I would have purchased and tried to swap over but am slightly worried about removing the squib as the last time I did that on a BMW e46 it literally fell apart (unwound loads of ribbon etc)

OP
S

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Anybody ever seen this done or covered?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom