W208 CLK Convertible Roof Issue

petenaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK230K Convertible in silver
Hi all

I have a 2001 W208 CLK 230K Convertible and the issue I am having is when I unlock the roof using the manual handle, the roof pops up as it should but not far enough.

When I pull the button up to open the roof fully, the rear windows folds up as it should and the metal compartment opens as it should, but then the roof section nearest the windscreen falls back down onto the top of the windscreen and it then can't pull itself back over the car. I have to hold it up so it can pivot backwards on itself again.

Last year it didn't have this issue, now I have come to use it this year it does!

Any ideas if there is something that needs adjusting?

Thanks
Pete

Glennr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 cabrio 2002, Vito 109 CDi 2005
Hi Pete

Sorry I don't know the cause, but I thought I would let you know I have exactly the same problem on our 2001 CLK, so I'm thinking maybe a common fault? I first noticed after having the battery changed, and would also be grateful for assistance as it's mildly annoying and also embarrassing if anyone is watching while you put the roof down!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It should be the cable in the link above

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom