W209 CLK 220cdi cup/drinks holder issue

utkan kocak

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK220 CDI Coupe - 2006 - 2148 cc, 110KW, 150bhp
dear members,

I find it really hard to have a car without a cup/drinks holder. I bought it yesterday, and noticed no cup holder today!

can anyone help please with alternative solutions?

there is a pop out thing on the dashboard, but it is a card holder. can it be replaced with a cup holder? or any alternatives in the market?

many thanks, utkan

pitch1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Morris 1800S, Volvo 740, Triumph 2000/2500PI
dear members,

I find it really hard to have a car without a cup/drinks holder. I bought it yesterday, and noticed no cup holder today!

there is a pop out thing on the dashboard, but it is a card holder. can it be replaced with a cup holder? or any alternatives in the market?
dear members,

many thanks, utkan

many thanks, utkan

pitch1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Morris 1800S, Volvo 740, Triumph 2000/2500PI
You have one of the prettiest mercs ever made imo and also one of the most reliable.

The engine and 5 speed box is super and the car goes very nicely thank you, so congrats.

It has 2 drawbacks, a poor fuel consumption and no cupholder!

For this car you can live with that, I have and...whopee who cares!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
You have one of the prettiest mercs ever made imo and also one of the most reliable.

The engine and 5 speed box is super and the car goes very nicely thank you, so congrats.

It has 2 drawbacks, a poor fuel consumption and no cupholder!

For this car you can live with that, I have and...whopee who cares!
Keep you beer can between your legs when you are driving :D , or get your passenger to hold it for you . (Only joking buddy )

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
That pop-out thing is useless. I put money in once and it's still there as I can't get it out :D
Cup holders in the rear armrests.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
The box between the seats is a great fridge when the AC is on, kept my drinks cold.
Sadly the one in the 212 E class is rubbish.

Also liked being able to leave the heater on for an hour after leaving the car on a cold night.
No longer available on the 212.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
My E class cup holders are pants.

The grippy springs too weak and other than a Mercedes thermo cup nothing seems to fit properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
The in dash cup holder was an optional extra, most (including mine) have a coin tray. When looking to hold giant styrofoam cups of overpriced coffee, always look to the American market :D Some CLK's over there have a different armrest lid that has a roller drawer and standalone cup holder. Budget a couple hundred dollars to find one on eBay and another few quid to get it shipped and through customs. I want one and it's now on my mod list.

Otherwise for now a universal mount will have to be employed somewhere, or fashion something to fit in the centre console as it is, which can be removed, bit like the factory cup holders in my Volvo :)

Gavbutler

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 280
I use the pop out drawer for my sunglasses, it seems useless for anything else.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
As a newcomer to the CLK I was quite taken aback there was no front cupholder... never thought to look when viewing at the dealers. I can see the pop out dash drawer... even if I could be bothered to buy and fit the cupholder upgrade... will never hold a decent cup so we've gone with...

"You have one of the prettiest mercs ever made imo and also one of the most reliable. The engine and 5 speed box is super and the car goes very nicely thank you, so congrats who cares!"

Re using the drawer for anything else it's parking coins for us. But I've had to trim a block of polystyrene and cover with black velvet so that can be pushed down the end to part fill it or your fingers can't get to the money.

Last edited:

crippo2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 (R230) & CLK350 (W209)
If it really bothers you,
dear members,

many thanks, utkan
If it really bothers you, get and install a replacement cupholder. You may have to wait some time for one to come up in your colour (if you are buying the holder and lower panel piece) at a reasonable price, probably from Germany, which is where I got mine from - shipping from USA is expensive. If you just go for the internals only then colour is not relevant - the front of the existing tray comes off & can be reused.

Removal & refitting is a bit of a pain - requires dismantling of lots of the dashboard area and, in my case, some alteration (read butchery) of the new part to get it into place.

I have notes & pics once you are serious.

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Fellow CLK owners, I now have the answer to our prayers. KFC have succeeded where Mercedes-Benz has failed. Prepare to bask in the magnificence of my genius. Quite frankly, I don’t know how I come up with them; I’m a freak of nature. Scientists are baffled!!

1EDE601E-23B2-4D0E-9B36-076F7D79B0CE.jpeg

Pure genius :p

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Very funny Sasha . Obviously your genius stems from frequenting fast food outlets . :)

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
It stems from knowing someone who works at one haha, my usually very healthy wife had a massive asthma attack at her Mum’s yesterday while I was at work and she passed out so an EMT was called. By the time I could get there it was 6 o’clock and there wasn’t time to go home for our planned dinner so off to KFC it was as I can wriggle a really good discount as my brother in laws girlfriend works there. If you're going to eat crap food, may as well be cheap crap food!!

CLK_200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C209 2005 M271
Fellow CLK owners, I now have the answer to our prayers. KFC have succeeded where Mercedes-Benz has failed. Prepare to bask in the magnificence of my genius. Quite frankly, I don’t know how I come up with them; I’m a freak of nature. Scientists are baffled!!

View attachment 39362

Pure genius :p

In all honesty, this isn't such a bad idea. I've seen worse solutions to easier problems. I'll be in KFC tomorrow to get mine. Out of asking, are MacDonalds trays any better or wouldn't you rate them?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom