W209 CLK 220cdi cup/drinks holder issue

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
I have no idea about the Maccies trays, normally there is a hard and fast rule, no food in the car but a this was an emergency situation I let it go and I needed somewhere to store the drinks so I opened the console and just looked for a second and thought ‘That try might fit in there’ so I put it in, amazes that it was a perfect fit!! It needs to be built up around the cups more to keep the drinks upright, I found I was driving very carefully and holding on to them just to be sure but it got them to my Mother in Laws without spilling any. I think I should spray it back it black and stick an MB logo on it, start charging people to buy them. I’d make a fortune!!! :p

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I read a horror story a while ago about a drink that spilled near the gearstick lever and the fluid went underneath into some gearbox electrics......Eeeeeeek :eek:

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
That is the worry, for me it’s not a permanent solution, was just a coincidence and I though of this forum and it’s users struggles with cup holders haha

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Someone with a 3d printer could probably knock something up very quickly.

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
It’s next on my list ;) I have access to a 3-D printer but the sideways opening cubby would be better, mine just gets in the way when open!

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
It's wrapping the KFC 'lifestyle enhancer' that I was thinking of.......

Mr Cartwright

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk320cdi 2006
If it really bothers you,

If it really bothers you, get and install a replacement cupholder. You may have to wait some time for one to come up in your colour (if you are buying the holder and lower panel piece) at a reasonable price, probably from Germany, which is where I got mine from - shipping from USA is expensive. If you just go for the internals only then colour is not relevant - the front of the existing tray comes off & can be reused.

Removal & refitting is a bit of a pain - requires dismantling of lots of the dashboard area and, in my case, some alteration (read butchery) of the new part to get it into place.

I have notes & pics once you are serious.
Hi

could you post please.

thanks

bmush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
04 CLK320
I had to take mine out recently when doing the dash upgrade, from memory, you need to remove gear surround, ashtray, aircon controls, upper control panel, radio and glovebox. Not a nice job, so prepare for some head scratching and choice adjectives.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom