W210 E Class Estate Side and rear lights failed

gazzab

Reaction score
Help!!!? The bulb on the near side rear has blown a couple of times recently so I was fiddling last night and changed the bulb with the lights still on, think I have caused a short as the front sidelights and the rear lights have stopped working. Brake lights still work as do indicators and main beam etc.....
I have changed the bulbs, I have checked the fuses by the interior light switch..... I am not sure if there is a separate relay (or where it is) for those lights or if there is a knack to fixing this. Anyone got an idea? thanks
Gary

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Under the bonnet (right hand side under plastic cover) and rear seat there is a fuse "map". Have a look here for other fuses.

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
I have looked at all 3 sets of fuses - the ones on the side of the dash are the exterior lighting ones. They are all in fine order though!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The light fuses are in F1 as are the lighting modules

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
thanks - not sure I understand what you mean. F1 , lighting modules......
The fuses for the lights appear to be in the fuse box inside the car (ie not under the bonnet or under the seat). The ones that seem to relate to front sides and to rear lamps are ok.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The inner lights were off on my W210 as the wiring connector had been dislodged. Can you see the connector and is it making a good contact to the light unit?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks - not sure I understand what you mean. F1 , lighting modules......
The fuses for the lights appear to be in the fuse box inside the car (ie not under the bonnet or under the seat). The ones that seem to relate to front sides and to rear lamps are ok.
Its worth looking where Blobcat says where the wiring harness plugs into the lamp.

F1 is the fuse box, there lighting modules inside that fuse box

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
thanks guys - I will take a look in the rear to see if I have dislodged a connector to the rear light units. thanks Gary

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
to go any further I would need the VIN first 6 numbers, there are 2 different wiring differences

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
Thanks - - my wife needs to drive at night tomorrow and so she is going to take it to the local stealer to see if he can fix immediately. I could find no evidence of loose plugs etc....

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom