W210 E200 Kompressor - "check engine" light

peakmandala

Reaction score
First of all, happy new year to all of you. You have been an invaluable source of advice and help.

I have a 2001 E200 Kompressor with 47000 miles on it.

Today I noticed that what i think is the "check engine light" (amber colored engine block on right hand side of dashboard stays on during driving.

Apart from the light staying on she feels ok - no loss of power or anything.

The only thing of note is that I filled it right to the top last night immediately before parking her up for the night. Then first thing this morning the light came on.

I would appreciate advice on following:

1. Is it safe to keep driving for timebeing?

2. Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Thank you very much.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
1, almost certainly not going to cause any harm.

2, you really really need to get the fault codes read at the very least before we can speculate on the cause.

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
MAF or O2 sensor (lambda) ? As above get fault codes read about £40 at Indie or buy your own OBII scanner , Amazon do a U581 for app £60 which reads and clears engine faults.

OP
P

peakmandala

Reaction score
Hello all,

The check engine light is still on.

Engine seems fine.

On a 50 mile journey today engine temp was about 82 C, and MPG was almost 32 mpg.

Was hoping light would go away but it hasnt.

If light persists for a few days I will take it in to be checked.

Will keep you posted.

Z

z_a_p

Hey peakmandala ,

I have the same thing on my 2002 E200K. CEL came tonight (my Xmas present from my Benz). But feels perfect ride, just like before the CEL.
What was your problem at the end?

jasonyw

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/1997/1.8;W211/2005/E200K
you need to replace the two inlet valves at the rear of the engine, it probably build up with dusts. I had it done by MB Basingstoke in 2007 in my E200 kompressor slk

Anand P

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 kompressor/2005/1.8
I have an E200 kompressor ie W211 2005 model with 100k miles on board. Since 2 to 3 months the engine light started coming once you start the car. During idle there was variation in the idling speed also. When you check the ecu 2 errors came P0101 and P200A. Initially it was showing the problem with MAF unit. I had it changed. Still the engine light kept on coming after 5 to 10 minutes after starting. Went to many garages in Sharjah. All of them said that I need to keep the car for 2 or 3 days to check it fully and said it would approximately cost 500$. I started searching all the forums of Benz owners and found a clue. On one holiday, i myself opened the engine compartment and changed all the spark plugs. Then I opened the air hose in front of the throttle body. Without removing the throttle body, I sprayed throttle body cleaner inside the throttle body. I could see a lot of carbon flowing out. I cleaned the front portion with a clean cloth. Fixed back the air hose and started the car. It is 6 day since the repair was done. The engine light has gone forever.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom