W210 E320 1997 Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes

gerryjoe

Reaction score
My n/s rear wheel kicks back badly over manholes and potholes. If this happens on a bend it can be very tricky!!!!
On checking rear subframe bushes I found that the front n/s bush is very soft compared with other 3, but not detached.
Can these bushes be replaced in situe without dropping the subframe and disconnecting all associated parts? Is a special Stealer tool required to do this job?

type49

Reaction score
Can be done in situe but much easier on a ramp. There is a special tool for the job but it's not essential, in fact, the more knackered they are, the easier they will come out.

OP
G

gerryjoe

Reaction score
W210 E320 Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes

Hi type 49
Thanks for your prompt reply
After front suspension rebuild , took car for 4 wheel alignment. The perceived benefit lasted for one day Found car was still steering funny and randomly.
Returned car to alignment place who did another check foc only to find rear toe and camber was way out again after 100 miles The bushes are so soft the subframe is moving about. I am also going to replace suspect multilinks.
Can room be made to remove the bushes by lowering subframe enough on say longer bolts and do one at a time or does the subframe have to be dropped completely and road spring removed etc?
See my latest posting on W210 eccentric bushes for American article on Merc alignment and subframe problems

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom