W210 Paintwork Woes

OP
B

bigalxyz

Does anyone have any experience with services like this:

http://www.autopaintsbrighton.co.uk...-paint-matched-to-sample-prices-from-46-p.asp

For custom matching paint colours? I'm still having trouble. The Halfords spray paint was a poor colour match but the much more expensive Mercedes stuff was equally poor! I guess it's just 16 years of ageing...?

Failing that, it's silver Hammerite time :) How best to avoid brushmarks on the paintwork? (although after the amount of effort I've already expended, I'm almost past caring)

:-/

stivesvelo

Reaction score
Website
www.orientalexpression.co.uk
Your Mercedes
S210 E320 cdi estate
Hi,

I got some from a company called Bike Colours & it's pretty good, I did a motorcycle fairing a couple of years ago & asked him about the car. He does a couple of versions of the same colour (I think to compensate for ageing).

He advertises on ebay. 400ml can is about £10, also does primer & lacquer & various other stuff.

btw I'm not far from you in St Ives & work in Pampisford (nr Duxford) & have had a similar go at my car, colour match isn't perfect, but no bad.

Rob

Last edited:

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
I tried to repair the rear arches on my Brilliant silver clk, With much the same result, (again it was just surface rust). I did one arch and I have ended up sending my car to a bodyshop to get it all done, That's just because I love my old clk

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom