W210 rear discs

wingco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the torque setting is for the caliper retaining bolts on the rear brakes of a W210, 2000, 320cdi?

Would it be the same as for a W202 37 lbs ft?

What should the wheel bolts be at? 81 lbs ft?

Many thanks

C220GJS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W202 C220 Elegance
W210 rear calliper retaining bolts are tightened to 37 lb f ft or 50 Nm and wheel bolts to 81 lb f ft or 110 Nm ; so as you suspected, the same as the W202.
Manufacturer's advice is to use new caliper mounting bolts.

OP
W

wingco

Reaction score
Thanks

George

Thanks for the advice. Job done now and what a difference. I changed the front discs and pads a few moths ago, but didn't realise how bad the back ones were until I took them off. Car really stops now and vibration gone - result!

amalikha

Reaction score
Hi.. Im new here. I just service my E240 (service B) last week. He (Indie)advice me to change the rear brake disc and pads and quoted me 350 pound for the job (parts and labour). Do you all think its expensive?. Can I get the part my self and ask them to fix it or can i DIY. Im worried about the sensor (ABS, ESP) on the brake if I plan to DIY. Please advice. Thanks alot.

delboy777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W203, 220CDI Elegance Full Leather/Sat Nav
Hi.. Im new here. I just service my E240 (service B) last week. He (Indie)advice me to change the rear brake disc and pads and quoted me 350 pound for the job (parts and labour). Do you all think its expensive?. Can I get the part my self and ask them to fix it or can i DIY. Im worried about the sensor (ABS, ESP) on the brake if I plan to DIY. Please advice. Thanks alot.
Very expensive, buy quality parts from EUROCARPARTS and do it yourself, if you have the tools:D

mattsurf

Reaction score
Had mine done 2 weeks ago at Bursledon Motors in Southampton - using Genuine MB parts total cost was £210 for rear Pads and Discs on an 2000 E320 CDI estate

amalikha

Reaction score
Hi..thanks guys. apart from eurocarpart, where can i get the genuine MB OEM parts. any spesific manufacturer? cheers!

OP
W

wingco

Reaction score
I bought genuine discs and pads from the MB dealer for 118 pounds. The local parts place wanted 95 pounds for Lucas pads and National discs.

I figured that for the extra 23 quid I could be certain that I would have no problems. I did the same with the front discs and pads.

I have heard that MB cut their parts prices to try and get more of the parts only market.

I have used GSF in the past, and they are usually very good, but I couldn't find the correct part for my car on their website.

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
I bought genuine discs and pads from the MB dealer for 118 pounds. The local parts place wanted 95 pounds for Lucas pads and National discs.

I figured that for the extra 23 quid I could be certain that I would have no problems. I did the same with the front discs and pads.

I have heard that MB cut their parts prices to try and get more of the parts only market.

I have used GSF in the past, and they are usually very good, but I couldn't find the correct part for my car on their website.

If you call your local branch they can advise on parts you do not always see on the web site.

Got a significant reduction in price (against Euro) for a genuine replacement oil cooler for my W210 E300 TD

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Check out the DIY section Parrot of Doom did a great article which should give you all the info (and confidence) to DIY. I purchased my drum/discs and pads from www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk also a new set of caliper bolts at the time they were the best price for genuine articles (2007)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do it your self,,all of the help that you need is here

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom