W211 2008 e 280cdi Sport sat nav not working

Graham T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 CDi 2008 Sport
@mark.s

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest how I might fix my sat nav. when the nav button is pushed a message comes up on the screen "Navigation activated please wait". After about 20 minutes or so this then changes to "Navigation cannot be activated" or words similar. I have tried all the simple stuff like removing the CD in the boot and removing the fuses for an hour etc. It is no coincidence that it stopped working shortly after I had installed the electrics for a towbar, however all I did was pick up a 12v supply from a free connection and join in the four wires into the harness for indicators, sidelights and brake lights, but it is possible that I disturbed some wiring. Someone in the past has fitted a JVC rear view camera and made a bit of a mess of the wiring, however the sat nav up until now has been working fine. Can anybody help please. Thank you.

OP
Graham T

Graham T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 CDi 2008 Sport
Hi dry run, yes I believe so it came with the car from the second owner when I bought the car over six years ago and has the authentic graphics on it. But as I say the sat nav has been working fine for years until the last year.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Can't say I had exactly the same symptoms (it was a couple of years ago), but my sat nav on my previous E320 (2007) worked fine for two years (mostly around the south coast) but one day on a trip to Edinburgh it decided to go decidedly woobley round about Birmingham. I think it never came back and once reloaded gave the sort of messages you are getting. I bought a new genuine disc from Comand Online and that made it work again without any issues.

If you post your location, someone on here may have a more recent genuine disc that they could let you try for a minute to see if that cures the problem. Other than that, I'm not techy enough to suggest anything else.

Good luck anyway :)

OP
Graham T

Graham T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 CDi 2008 Sport
Thanks very much for your help dry run, it would be a great easy fix if that was it. You've given me food for thought maybe a Mercedes dealership could try a different cd. Anyway thanks I'll let you know the outcome

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I don't know if this is the issue you have...(this one is normally about the map bring stuck stating somewhere up north) its standard for the antenna to break thus the nav unit picks up no satellite signals at all, they can be easily fixed by fitting a new nav antenna for not much money

if its the disc you could try and borrow a different one.... however lots here think using a fake disc overheats and breaks the drive (which could be fixed)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom