W211 Air Con blowing warm when idling.

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
Hi,

I've read several posts similar to the issue I'm having with my W211 but not exactly the same.

My 4-way climate control blows slightly warm air when idling in traffic on particularly hot days, even when setting all the controls to LO, although it starts off ok, the longer I sit in traffic the less cool it becomes until it feels slightly warm.

Once moving again, it will gradually cool, and once the car is moving constantly it seems to work fine. I've had a re-gas, twice in fact and apparently the pressure is fine but the problem still persists.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would say evaporator sensor maybe, or low on gas. Filters could need replacing.

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
I would say evaporator sensor maybe, or low on gas. Filters could need replacing.
Thanks television, will try that. It has had a regas and forgot to mention the filters were checked and all clean.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The are not a duo valve though, they are a heater change over motor, and electric motor driven. To prove the point on these cheap motors just give it a whack, some run for year after this treatment.

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
The are not a duo valve though, they are a heater change over motor, and electric motor driven. To prove the point on these cheap motors just give it a whack, some run for year after this treatment.

Ha! Well I'll give anything a try..if it works it will be the cheapest fix I've ever had!;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It sits just under the steering column on the bulk head and 5 water pipes going to it... the whack really works, I have the same one on 2 of my cars and many member here just whack it once a year, they only cost £35 bit pigs to fit.

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
Ok, this is probably me being a bit thick television, but can you be more specific because I can't find this heat changer.

When you say it sits just under the steering column, is it accessed from inside the vehicle or under the bonnet. It must be well hidden. A photo would be even more help. Thanks. ;)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
yes technically not a duo valve, but thats what we call these in the trade. Its situated under the master cylinder/servo.

OP
Cobra44

Cobra44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E200 D SE (2017)
Thanks for everyone's help here. I managed to locate the duo valve. I guess that's one of those little motors that spin to and fro to open and close the valve. It must be stuck...and although I've whacked it a few times it hasn't solved the problem. I'm afraid to whack it too hard as I think I'll destroy it!

So if you could just tell me the official name for this part so I can order one that would be great. Apparently they're not that expensive.

Cheers. ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A 211 832 05 84 VALVE CHANGE-OVER VALVE

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom