w211 SBC module wiring diagram / connector pinout

Boris_Manchester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220cdi 2004
Hi there,

I need a wiring diagram or connector pin-out for the BOSCH SBC module of my MB-E220cdi T 2004, can somebody please help sharing it ?
I spend soem time searching for it over the internet but no chance..
I have a number of warning messages popping up, like ABS fault, Brakes -visit workshop, EPS fault, increased stop distance, etc, etc.
after checking with OBD scanner the following fault code is recorded for the SBC module :
C242F ( Right Rear Speed sensor) : test wiring/plug connection.
I have recently changed all brake disks and brake pads with new ones , good quality, so it shouldn't be a problem with brake pads sensors, but have to verify to be sure.
I have ordered a new speed sensor few days ago but forget the magnetic ring, probably need to replace it along with the sensor as well ?

Has anybody used the MB SBC reset tool they sell over ebay ? Shall I try with it ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SBC-reset...0/273052053268

Cheers,
Boris

JohnnySBC

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ecu-repair.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W212 E350 - Remapped --->>> 300 bhp
Hi there,

I need a wiring diagram or connector pin-out for the BOSCH SBC module of my MB-E220cdi T 2004, can somebody please help sharing it ?
I spend soem time searching for it over the internet but no chance..
I have a number of warning messages popping up, like ABS fault, Brakes -visit workshop, EPS fault, increased stop distance, etc, etc.
after checking with OBD scanner the following fault code is recorded for the SBC module :
C242F ( Right Rear Speed sensor) : test wiring/plug connection.
I have recently changed all brake disks and brake pads with new ones , good quality, so it shouldn't be a problem with brake pads sensors, but have to verify to be sure.
I have ordered a new speed sensor few days ago but forget the magnetic ring, probably need to replace it along with the sensor as well ?

Has anybody used the MB SBC reset tool they sell over ebay ? Shall I try with it ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SBC-reset...0/273052053268

Cheers,
Boris
Hi

That chineese thing will worse things for sbc pump. Is like masking an upcoming problem and it will not erase the fault code that's on your car ( rear speed sensor).

Regarding wiring diagram, all sensors are connected to sbc pump as far as i remember. It could be the sbc pump going faulty or wiring to the sensor or the sensor itself or the ring but most probably in your case the problem will go away once you will replace the sensor.

Regaring the lifespam, repair, refurbisment and proper reprograming of the sbc pump, just get in touch with me when you decide to do it as a maintenance or as a necessity when the pump will fail... not good news...i know but most of them do...

Regards

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
Hi

That chineese thing will worse things for sbc pump. Is like masking an upcoming problem and it will not erase the fault code that's on your car ( rear speed sensor).

Regarding wiring diagram, all sensors are connected to sbc pump as far as i remember. It could be the sbc pump going faulty or wiring to the sensor or the sensor itself or the ring but most probably in your case the problem will go away once you will replace the sensor.

Regaring the lifespam, repair, refurbisment and proper reprograming of the sbc pump, just get in touch with me when you decide to do it as a maintenance or as a necessity when the pump will fail... not good news...i know but most of them do...

Regards
I'm following you. You seem like a very handy guy to know.....:D:p

OP
B

Boris_Manchester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220cdi 2004
Hi Johnny,
Thanks a lot for your response. I will first try to replace the sensor and if this doesnt clear the fault than will replace the magnet ring ( as far as i understand its quite a nasty job though). But if the fault stays after magner replacement, before i come to you i shall verify the wiring for any physical issue. Therefore i need the wiring for this SBC or at least the connector pinout. So i will appreciate if you can share this with me. I try many times to locate over the internet but no success unfortunately.
About the reset tool- yes, i agree with you that if the issue is with the SBC control module itself it wont help, the idea is to get the counter reset in case any trouble is being caused only due to this. And this moment will come for sure. It could have been already reset , you never know, i have bougnt the vehicle second hand..
PS: where you are located by the way, if i need to visit you ?

Regards
Johh

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom