W215 CL500 Problems after replacing car battery!

rapiscan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215 CL500 2003 5000cc
Hi folks,hope someone has some answers here please. my battery kept going flat,so considering its the one that came with the car 4yrs ago I got it replaced with a new one.
However immediately since then the keyless go doesn’t work,it only starts with the key.
The interlock is inoperative so it’s possible to move the gear selector with the ignition key removed and engine off and without depressing the brake pedal.
Command switches on without a key in too.
Aside from all that the car starts and drives normally.
Has a fuse blown or is the SAM module at fault(where is it?)Any help much appreciated thank you.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
First things first, did you remove the battery, leave the car with zero power and then replace the new battery? If so that will have caused no end of fault codes- this happened with me. The secret is to connect a battery charger across the battery leads (NOT the terminals) as you remove them; the 14.4V charging voltage is just enough to maintain power to the car AND prevent inrush currents through the various relays while batteries are swapped over.

Take the car to a Star-equipped garage and have them do you a DTC readout. Make sure you're sat down when you read it- I had 139 faults, almost all of which were caused by the battery going flat and being jump-started. After the new battery was fitted and the codes cleared, they went away and stayed away....................

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Take the car to a Star-equipped garage and have them do you a DTC readout. Make sure you're sat down when you read it- I had 139 faults, almost all of which were caused by the battery going flat and being jump-started. After the new battery was fitted and the codes cleared, they went away and stayed away....................

Surely other code readers are available that will clear codes ..... :rolleyes:

OP
rapiscan

rapiscan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215 CL500 2003 5000cc
Hi thanks for replying.
Yes the car had no voltage/ power for about 5 mins while batts were swapped over. I’ve got a Creator 123 code reader that does more than basic scanners but shows no faults coming up. I’ve checked fuses, keyless go is fuse 58 under back seat,mine seems intact. I guess I’ll have to pay for a STAR session.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If yours has the key cards they may need to be resynced.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom