W220 320 CDI - Vibrating TC & LubeGard Additives...

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Right oh!

So, today did the LubeGard treatment. New ATF (about 4.5L worth, so quite a decent amount) and 2 tubes of this.

Long story short - no noticeable improvement. Yeah the vibration is a tad less, sure, but you might as well put it down to new ATF. I suppose saying NO improvement is a bit unfair, it does seem somewhat smoother, and vibration seems a tad more subdued but... meh. Nothing close to a 'miracle cure' wanting me to sacrifice my first-born to the LubeGard CEO.

But... the story does not end here.

I had purchased a second additive which supposedly contains some super awesome patented wizardry. Being mildly frustrated that the other stuff didn't erase my problem, I decided to add 100ML of this stuff as well. Heck, why not...

Why 100ML you say? I did not want to overfill what I know to be an optimally filled transmission, and, in the event that it does something, anything, I want to have the recommended 7 fl. oz. remaining for a next application sometime in the future.

And THIS stuff DID make a difference, almost immediately! Is my vibration gone? No. But... and this is pretty neat.. .the gearbox runs much more fluid. So like you know when you are going downhill doing 5 miles per hour in first gear with neither brake nor accelerator applied... and the car feels a bit jerky... THIS has gone entirely. It's like I am constantly sliding on butter, so to speak. Very nice. Smoother riding, I suppose one could compare it to finally driving without a stuck brake pad. Like there is less resistance from the drivetrain.

So overall.. happier... still not like Mr. Super Happy Smiling All Day... but - it's better.

And I guess I am just going to have to live with this 1100-1300 RPM vibration, nothing more I want to do about it. Maybe one day when I pop into GAD tuning and get the shift points adjusted that RPM band will simply become less frequent... but until then - vibrate away!

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom