W220 COMAND Not Working

The Barge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 W220 S430
Hi folks, I've recently bought an early W220 but the Stereo/Nav/CD/Phone isn't working. It is the early version of COMAND, so far as I can tell the fuses are OK however the fuse diagrams are missing.

Head unit/phone/nav - not working at all.
CD changer - eject button tries to eject CD cassette but appears broken. However this suggests there is at least power going to the unit.

I pulled the head unit from the dash and found that there is power on both the switched feed and permanent feed. Therefore I'd guess the problem is in the head unit itself?

Any help would be much appreciated, I'd very much like to have the system working!

OP
The Barge

The Barge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 W220 S430
New head unit fitted, which works well.

Unfortunately it's now revealed the next issue, which is no sound. The Bose amp and CD changer are damp so I can only guess these have both failed. There is power to both but nothing coming out of them.

ansta1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s500LWB/2002
Possible fibre optic circuit failure, try removing devices from the ring with af/o connector till it works.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom