W220 wing mirror vanity light

Bertie Wooster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
Good evening chaps,

So, I was fixing a recurring issue with the wing mirror indicator on the S320 this eve and it occurred to me that the stock bulb in the exterior vanity / puddle light is about as bright as an asthmatic glowworm carrying some heavy shopping up a hill.
Has anyone tried an led bulb in these? I think the bulb is a T10 iirc. Not sure if it would throw a code or not, so would appreciate any feedback on the matter.

Best
Bertie

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Although LEDs are brighter I think their ability to throw light is less; which is what you need in this case.
Yes the bulbs are T10.
For the price of the bulbs just buy them and try it.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bertie Wooster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
Although LEDs are brighter I think their ability to throw light is less; which is what you need in this case.
Yes the bulbs are T10.
For the price of the bulbs just buy them and try it.

Fair point. They’re literally pennies online, so it’s got to be worth a punt to try hem out. I can always use them somewhere else on the car if they prove unsuitable for the wing mirror.
Thanks for the advice!

Best
Bertie

OP
B

Bertie Wooster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
CB8D5826-6418-4FBA-8368-0994BE4120F7.jpeg On a related note, does anyone know what the white block connector in the bottom of this picture is for? I noticed it just hanging loose when I took the mirror cover off. Everything in the mirror unit seems to work fine, so I’m inclined to believe it must be for an option I’ve not got on my car.

Best
Bertie

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom