W221 back end dropped right down onto tyres

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Not bad guess, your have fun fitting it, they really are a cock to fit!!

Cole, if a w221 with airmatic was sitting 20mm low left rear corner only (and has for 2 years0). yet never drop and will rise and fall with modes / lift option. what's the best way to level it up?

It has front left and front right individual adjustment in Star but only one central level sensor on the back.

Looking at the w220 set up, as there is no link between rear shocks all I can think is to drop the rear using Star and let it refill evenly?

Do you think this would work?

Another tech suggested there could be individual level sensor inside each shock? or is that only for ABC equipped vehicles?

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Not bad guess, your have fun fitting it, they really are a cock to fit!!

Yeah looks fiddly to be honest....athe arm itself is o.k but the bracket that it clips onto on the car looks to have rusted away. Do the new ones come complete with both ends or can you just buy the part that you bolt on the car then reattach the ball joint from the rod. If that all make sense lol.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
That looks like it.......let the fun begin......

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
That looks like it.......let the fun begin......

Is there a special way of doing this only i have had to cable tie up for now and can not get it to clip.
Thanks in advance.

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Is it just to control the level of the headlights?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is it just to control the level of the headlights?

In cases where there is airmatic or hydraulic suspension these sensors are used for both sharing information in the ECU

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Now I'm wondring if my warranty company mite have covered it under electrical. Mite be worth a quick call just so i know.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Now I'm wondring if my warranty company mite have covered it under electrical. Mite be worth a quick call just so i know.

If it isn't a consumable or wear item then it SHOULD be. They tend to be fine with ECUs but draw the line at turbos, ask me how I know ;)

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
If it isn't a consumable or wear item then it SHOULD be. They tend to be fine with ECUs but draw the line at turbos, ask me how I know ;)

Not sure they will cover it as when I asked about it to begin with and said about the rear of the car and it having air suspension it was a case of oh sorry sir we don't cover that....But now I have found out that it controls the headlight levelling mite be a different story. I have already bought the part and half fitted it just can not get it to clip around the anti roll bar.....I have admitted defeat and booked it into the garage to just complete it as they are looking at an oil leak I have (fingers crossed that is covered under my warranty).

Oh yeah how do you know about turbos.;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Not sure they will cover it as when I asked about it to begin with and said about the rear of the car and it having air suspension it was a case of oh sorry sir we don't cover that....But now I have found out that it controls the headlight levelling mite be a different story. I have already bought the part and half fitted it just can not get it to clip around the anti roll bar.....I have admitted defeat and booked it into the garage to just complete it as they are looking at an oil leak I have (fingers crossed that is covered under my warranty).

Oh yeah how do you know about turbos.;)

The turbo on my Golf exploded on week 3 of ownership. Bought from Reg Vardey with their comprehensive warranty. I called them up- car needs fixing etc. Sorry sir, that is classed as a wear and tear item. Oh really izzat so, says I. Mhmm they say. Cut a long story short I ended up speaking to VW technical support centre where I asked for their turbocharger recommended lifespan documentation. Life of the engine, I was told. May I have evidence of that? Yes of course sir, what's your fax number (for 'twas 2005). That then got sent to the warranty people with "is the engine a wear and tear item too?" added.

Got fixed two weeks later. No apology. C***s.

Last edited:
OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
The turbo on my Golf exploded on week 3 of ownership. Bought from Reg Vardey with their comprehensive warranty. I called them up- car needs fixing etc. Sorry sir, that is classed as a wear and tear item. Oh really izzat so, says I. Mhmm they say. Cut a long story short I ended up speaking to VW technical support centre where I asked for their turbocharger recommended lifespan documentation. Life of the engine, I was told. May I have evidence of that? Yes of course sir, what's your fax number (for 'twas 2005). That then got sent to the warranty people with "is the engine a wear and tear item too?" added.

Got fixed two weeks later. No apology. C***s.

Wow its good that you where on the ball mate.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom