W222 Registered 31-03-2016. TFL says it isn't ULEZ compliant?

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
Hi...

I have just had to visit a clients site down in that London, a site I have been to in the past, and while I had a few hours to spare, I checked on the TFL website (as well as a couple of others) if my car was actually ULEZ compliant...

To my surprise, TFL says it isn't and I should pay £12.50 for the 3 days I was in the ULEZ zone (I stayed at the Radisson Red hotel at Heathrow.)

The strange thing is, I have been to London a few times in the past couple of months to another site near to Gatwick Airport, never checked anything and never had any letters or fines.

I have checked the various emissions on the V5c and they all seem to fall below the charging criteria...

I am due to stay at the Hilton on Park Lane in July (Taking the wife to see Robbie Williams at Hyde Park - mega brownie points!!) so I know I'll be hhit for the congestion charge, however, this ULEZ thing is baffling me...

Can anyone help?? as I was always under the impression that my car is Euro 6 compliant and I have actually obtained a few clean air stickers from France and Holland without any issues!

Thanks

OP
barry jones

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I put the cars original reg number into the TFL checker, it states it is compliant!!

Could it be that the data that TFL hold is governed by the fact the reg on my car was previously on a 2006 and a 2010 diesel S Class?

SJMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 SL63
Yes, very possibly! I've had the same issue a year ago with RingGo parking app where I didn't get a discount for a cleaner car, it transpired that RingGo never update with the DVLA so the first registration they had for an older car was never changed until I directly contacted them. They didn't pay me back though but my credit card company did!

OP
barry jones

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, very possibly! I've had the same issue a year ago with RingGo parking app where I didn't get a discount for a cleaner car, it transpired that RingGo never update with the DVLA so the first registration they had for an older car was never changed until I directly contacted them. They didn't pay me back though but my credit card company did!
According to the TFL chap I spoke to just now, it would be impossible for the details to be wrong:D, but I've just been on autotrader and put in a few reg numbers from 15 plate and 65 plate cars that are the same as mine, and they all come up as compliant too...

Because I was in London from Tuesday, I've paid for the 3 days just in case, but I can apply online to TFL to get my cars details updated and can then apply for a refund... This whole ULEZ stuff is bonkers!... I must have seen at least 20 LWB S Class W222's that were pre-2017 while I was down there... they can't all be paying UL:EZ!!

Malcolm Johnson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 (M273) & W221 S350 bluetec
Really don't understand this, my old work car which i still have is compliant. W221 S350 bluetec. DPF, start stop, urine tank.
Really cant understand it says your not compliant.

OP
barry jones

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really don't understand this, my old work car which i still have is compliant. W221 S350 bluetec. DPF, start stop, urine tank.
Really cant understand it says your not compliant.
I know... it is bonkers... I think the reg is still associated with my old 2010 S Class in black that this 2016 S Class in black replaced... Some check sites say it's compliant, some don't...

Nicklas_Hidegard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220 Vclass
From what I read, if you've got a personalised number plate you'll have to manually submit everything (reg documents etc) to tfl for them to change it. Seen a lot of ppl face the same issues

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
A friend has just had to go through this with a 55-reg Boxster he bought recently.

Not on a private reg, but the DVLA / ULEZ plonkers set their charges by some classification (I think the original certification) of the car type, not on each car's actual emissions.

So if there's a mild "facelift" which then introduces an improvement to emissions, it matters not, in some cases.

He had to do the dance with Bristol & DVLA, showing that his car falls under the emissions threshold and now he longer has to pay the £9.

Took about 2 months of wrangling though.

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500

Thanks for the tip, just got RingGo to change my car, they thought my reg was on a Vauxhall !!!

SJMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 SL63
Thanks for the tip, just got RingGo to change my car, they thought my reg was on a Vauxhall !!!
You're welcome! It amazes me that these companies don't pay (I assume) to link in with the DVLA data to keep their systems up to date. it just seems rather lazy of them!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom