W245 B180 CDI Glow plugs anomaly

Taavi130

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2008/CDI
After cleaning EGR something happened with the glow plugs, as before everything was fine. Now glow plugs don't work, as in the morning when it's feezing outside, it takes a while for the engine to start. After starting, the glow plugs light on dash stays on for the whole ride, although few times it has gone out for few minutes, but then lit again. My OBDII scanner gives me trouble code U0106 "Lost Communication with Glow Plug Control Module".
I have checked that wires to the glow plugs control module are properly connected. I tested glow plugs with multimeter, from the wire, which goes to the control module and for 2 glow plugs, it shows nothing and for other 2, it shows some unrealistic numbers. During the EGR cleaning I disconneted some sensor wires, lifted up airbox and put everythind back together. I can't understand what else could have happened, as everything was fine before and engine started just fine.

If anyone has an idea, what's wrong, I'd be thankful!

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
After cleaning EGR something happened with the glow plugs, as before everything was fine. Now glow plugs don't work, as in the morning when it's feezing outside, it takes a while for the engine to start. After starting, the glow plugs light on dash stays on for the whole ride, although few times it has gone out for few minutes, but then lit again. My OBDII scanner gives me trouble code U0106 "Lost Communication with Glow Plug Control Module".
I have checked that wires to the glow plugs control module are properly connected. I tested glow plugs with multimeter, from the wire, which goes to the control module and for 2 glow plugs, it shows nothing and for other 2, it shows some unrealistic numbers. During the EGR cleaning I disconneted some sensor wires, lifted up airbox and put everythind back together. I can't understand what else could have happened, as everything was fine before and engine started just fine.

If anyone has an idea, what's wrong, I'd be thankful!

Broken cable

Top Bottom