Want to buy a C220 CDI Coupe Need Advice

chazj88

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi coupe
Hi,

i'm 24 now and looking to upgrade from my small Polo to a Merc. My dads always had mercs as has my grandad and i'm overly attracted to the c class coupe evo panorama auto. The reason i want a diesel is i've got a new job which will see me doing a 60 mile round trip every day (90% motorway) and well from what i see diesel will save me a few ££'s

I'm looking at a 2005/06 model with no more than 40k on the clock and in general just wanted some advice on what i can expect from the car,reliability what to look out for, any know problem areas and what fuel consumption i can expect.

Thanks again and hopefully your info will help me become a member of the Merc club

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 (09) W219; C220D (07) W204
It would be a totally different experience to a Polo. The C class is a delight to drive and to own, and still a well made car compared to many other brands.

You have to choose options carefully - Auto is a must. leather is nice if you can get it. Comand is desirable, and (very) expensive to retro fit.

MPG is about 50 on a run for the C220d

BIGCJL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 CDI
Mine is a 320 CDI, and even though the most powerful (pre- 350CDI) of the diesels, I have managed up to 57 MPG on a run, often achieve over 50+, and usually (when applying a little of the laughter pedal, still achieve mid 40's on a run.

It also have amazing overtaking capabilities, but source a couple of insurance quotes first. Young drivers do tend to "attract" scary quotes from insurers.

Good luck with whatever you opt for though.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I agree with all the comments others have made. A car with 40,000 on it should look and feel like a new car - and that is pretty special.

The journey you have in mind is optimal for getting the best from a 220 diesel engine and the comfort (and reliability) should be hard to beat.

We look forward to hearing how you get on - and to seeing pictures of your choice once you have found it. :D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom