warning lights.

914six

Reaction score
Hi.
Since putting my 320 clk back together after sorting the wiper/washer problem I now have a problem with warning lights on the dash...ESP is brought up as a malfuntion, so is SRS, and the engine shape is illuminated.
when having it check with the plug in meter thing it comes up with PO140, PO161PO141,and PO161.
All these seem to be related to HO2S banks 1 & 2 , any idea why these should all be present as I've not been anywhere near the exhaust ?
thanks in anticipation.

Ian

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if you have the kit, after wobbling steering lock to lock a few times, delete all the codes go for a quick drive and run diagnostics again

real ones will come back

swirl flap motor takes out a fuse and lots of engine stuff comes up (10p resistor trick on middle two wires and a new fuse)
Crank Position Sensor goes wrong (40 quid DIY)
CAT sensors go wrong
ABS sensors go wrong

7 to 12 years is normal for these designed to fail components reaching a level of decay they built in

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
I'd have a look at the fuses as you may have inadvertently blown one when "sorting the wiper/washer problem".

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say the clock spring and steering angle sensor is out of alignment, its confused the ESP, which in turn will upset the gearbox and the engine light will appear to show that the gearbox is having a current fault. The SRS light is on because the clock spring isn't aligned or connected properly.

Must be something you have done.

Never delete fault codes without checking the frequency counter first. Doing that often trips people up when trying to diagnose faults as some fault codes may not appear straight away which you still have to fix. Poor advice given above.

OP

914six

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.
Steve do you have a diagram of how the spring should like when correctly aligned?
Thanks
Ian

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom