Water Leaking into car... Mercedes ML 270 cdi Auto 2002

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Hi guys
Water dripping into front foot-well, i can actually see it running into the car between the pillar and dash and then ending on the floor mat in a large puddle, near the bonnet catch etc. (nearside front passenger foot-well).... and today same puddle on the driver side and the water is pouring in, it is actually going onto fuses and relay compartment in the foot-well area at the accelerator pedal....huge amount of water
I have checked the outer door rubber/seal but i could not see any rips or damage etc, so where is this coming from ?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Would check the drain holes either side of the wiper scuttle panel to ensure water is getting away, this can cause the water to enter via the pollen/ cabin filter.
Other possibility is the windscreen seal, but generally windscreens don't just start leaking loads of water, unless a new screen has been poorly fitted recently.
other water leakage point is the door wiring harness, especially if it has been disturbed or worked on recently.
MLs usually leak water at the rear tail lights and cause all sorts of problems with the rear sam units.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Pouring in ? daft question but have you had a lot of rain ?
Water pouring in should be easy to spot and trace.
Put a piece of tape over door to pillar does it stop ?
Remove pollen filter and look in housing.

OP
13enzy

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Yes we have had rain, frost, hot sunshine... o yes and some hailstones too ......we live in Lancashire :rolleyes:
O yes and I wash my car at least once a week.
back to the problem... I have opened the front passenger door fully and examined all the rubber seals around the door...then the entrance surround and then the third seal which is attached to the roof and continues down the pillar at the front windscreen etc..no leaks
I then poured water onto the roof, it run over the sun roof and down the front windscreen...leaking started.....hmmm but where is it getting in !!!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I then poured water onto the roof, it run over the sun roof and down the front windscreen...leaking started.....hmmm but where is it getting in !!!

Sun roof drains often run down the A posts, that's where I'd start looking.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom