What difference does it make?

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Hi All

Just fitted some K and N filters to my R230 cant believe the difference !

Only joking ,but seriously on a similar subject the Sports or Comfort mode setting on the R230 and in fact on a W211 with SCM button what difference does it make if any at all?

I believe in placebo and since my lad was a tot I have pressed the sports button and put my foot down at the same time ,always looking across to him to see that child like grin after the button press and the consequent power boost, but never really known if it makes any difference, never really felt one

My son has still not queried it but would like a grown up answer to offer him one day to go with the confession ,heres hoping there is some benefit and that I understand the answer

Hope you are all well

RIP Malcolm

Paul

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Very funny with the filters :D .
On the E280 , S mode will hold the gear for higher revs before changing up . c mode will skip first gear and start moving in 2nd .

OP
K

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Very funny with the filters :D .
On the E280 , S mode will hold the gear for higher revs before changing up . c mode will skip first gear and start moving in 2nd .
Thanks

The K and N funny comes at a price,Dave Mercedes is a mate!

I was told that you get better MPG in S but never tested it

Thanks alot

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom