What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You must have been working to hard even thinking of taking a Volvo rather than the E63 on that journey ;)
You’re not wrong- it’s a bit nuts at the moment! There is another factor in that I have wi-fi in the Volvo so I can get the wife to do some work for me from the passenger seat as we head North!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Swithering on whether to take the Panzer this weekend up to Melrose (wife’s birthday ) or take the XC90...
There are pros and cons on both- the XC90 will be cheaper to run and is a nice drive, also the weather will be a bit crepe all weekend so the Panzer wouldn’t be able to show off..
Against that the A7 is a fairly nice road.....
Talking myself into the XC90 though I think

I thought i saw on the weather forecast that they were expecting a bit of snow in Scotland. Not that you can believe the Met Office.

I expect every body has heard this in one way or another but this was heard on Local Radio a year or two back. The discussion was the inaccuracies of the weather forecasts.

An old Seasalt from Kessingland was being interviewed. He said in his broad Suffolk accent " What I do is go to the beach and find me a piece of Bladder Rack Seaweed and hang it on the shed. When I get up in the morning I look out of my Kitchen window at the Seaweed. If it is wet, it's raining, if it is dry then it's not, if I can't see it it's foggy". It's real old now but it still makes me chuckle just hearing his voice in my mind. :rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I thought i saw on the weather forecast that they were expecting a bit of snow in Scotland. Not that you can believe the Met Office.

I expect every body has heard this in one way or another but this was heard on Local Radio a year or two back. The discussion was the inaccuracies of the weather forecasts.

An old Seasalt from Kessingland was being interviewed. He said in his broad Suffolk accent " What I do is go to the beach and find me a piece of Bladder Rack Seaweed and hang it on the shed. When I get up in the morning I look out of my Kitchen window at the Seaweed. If it is wet, it's raining, if it is dry then it's not, if I can't see it it's foggy". It's real old now but it still makes me chuckle just hearing his voice in my mind. :rolleyes:
The weather warning is heavy rain and flooding....:eek:, might get some seaweed anyway!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You’re not wrong- it’s a bit nuts at the moment! There is another factor in that I have wi-fi in the Volvo so I can get the wife to do some work for me from the passenger seat as we head North!
The weather warning is heavy rain and flooding....:eek:, might get some seaweed anyway!
I'll be heading north and extra, extra north tomorrow and taking my 2 seater convertabubble (most likely top down again) - skins fairly waterproof in my experience.

I used to sit in the passenger seat of my E's whenever possible on a long motorway journey and use the time to catch up on all my work whilst off line.

I'm struggling balancing my laptop in front of the steering wheel as I don't have a spare driver available so I'm having to wait until I get where I'm going these days. :(

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Tether the laptop to your iphone like the rest of us peasants...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Tether the laptop to your iphone like the rest of us peasants...
You do know I flew to Dubai first class 2 weeks ago, don’t you? Don’t class me with the oiks y’know :p
And on a serious note....yeah I suppose I could....undecided moreso now

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You do know I flew to Dubai first class 2 weeks ago, don’t you? Don’t class me with the oiks y’know :p
Always, always turn left (unless you can go upstairs) :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

Was that full fare or skywards upgrade????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you have a shower in flight? A companion in the double bed? Did you board straight from the lounge, or had to rough it? ;);)

Milu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 cl500
Re-installed the amp in my newly acquired 216
Couple of tips from Bembo and it went in easy considering I didn't see it's removal and it was going dark just now!
Good service from BBA. Collected last Friday and back today.

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
She took me, Mrs Biglad and my sister out to a VERY nice restaurant today, and took us all home again. Still averaging about 5,5 ltrs per 100 kms :D:D:D

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Had the newly updated headlights checked on the fancy (HELLA, I think) machine - perfect.
Happy days.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Was that full fare or skywards upgrade????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you have a shower in flight? A companion in the double bed? Did you board straight from the lounge, or had to rough it? ;);)
Skywards upgrade business fare Keith..
Manchester isn’t too well set up for first so I had to board from the Emirates lounge with the rest :p
Yes I had a shower - rude not to- had my own suite 4A:cool:
Nice experience- can’t say it was soooo much better than business mind

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Manchester isn’t too well set up for first so I had to board from the Emirates lounge with the rest :p
Massively better than cattle class though John, I can vouch for that, did Birmingham to Dubai 2 hours layover and then on to Melbourne last year with work, travel ban this year thankfully so haven't had to go, does unfortunately mean that new financial year I'll have no choice but to go,

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Massively better than cattle class though John, I can vouch for that, did Birmingham to Dubai 2 hours layover and then on to Melbourne last year with work, travel ban this year thankfully so haven't had to go, does unfortunately mean that new financial year I'll have no choice but to go,
Absolutely Matt- the big problem is going back to cattle, did a quick flight over to Jakarta from Singapore by Lion Air economy, that was horrid!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Can't be as bad a tiger air in china surly, I was luckily switched from a tiger flight from my way from Melbourne to Manila

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

Only what you deserve for giving the amount of your time you do, enjoy as long as you can.
Agree, the Emirates BC is very good. I love the bar at the back ;);)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Few years ago SWMBO and I went to Australia and wanted at least 1 day stopover - we chose Cathay Pacific Business Class via Honkers, mainly because the deal included 2 x nights hotel cost. We checked in a little early and were asked if would mind delaying until the tollowing flight (only three hours and they took us straight to the First Class lounge) and they would put us in First. That really was something else - each chair was so huge we have a photo where we sat alongside each other in one of them. It had a fold out TV about 20" and even an orchid in a little vase in the wall. The welcome pack included a pair of "Dr No" pyjamas to change into. The food was magnificent too.

By comparison, the remaining parts of the journey in their Biz Class were just "Okay" - each seat folds outwards with separating walls so you can sleep etc but to talk to each other we had to get up and pop our head over the top. Very good for a single business flyer but no good for couples or sociable friends etc.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom