What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
£7-800 I guess, quite hard to value with any degree of accuracy

Well I definitely stole them then.:p:D:D;)

After I've finished with them they may well look like that value but, for once, I've won a watch, lol.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Never thought I'd ever say this but R230's as everyday cars are just unreliable money pits! Seriously getting very dissulutioned with them now :(

IMG_20181113_024526.jpg

ABC oil everywhere!

IMG_20181113_024534.jpg

Looks like it has burst a pipe somewhere, we're not a happy couple I'm afraid right now :mad:

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Never thought I'd ever say this but R230's as everyday cars are just unreliable money pits! Seriously getting very disillusioned with them. Looks like it has burst a pipe somewhere, we're not a happy couple I'm afraid right now :mad:

Sorry you're getting grief. We're not running new cars, there will be issues. Just try, in your mind, to offset the cost against the depreciation on a new Vauxhall Astra. And I know where I'd rather be. Four years ago, we spent £23,000 on my wife's Astra GTC.
It now seems to be worth about £7,000. By any measure my R230 is giving good value.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
:(
Never thought I'd ever say this but R230's as everyday cars are just unreliable money pits! Seriously getting very dissulutioned with them now :(

View attachment 46683

ABC oil everywhere!

View attachment 46684

Looks like it has burst a pipe somewhere, we're not a happy couple I'm afraid right now :mad:
Unfortunately I know those feelings only too well Peter...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

View attachment 46683

ABC oil everywhere!

View attachment 46684

I can foresee a trip to Welwyn or Stowemarket in your future...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Gutted for you Peter.
One thing to bear in mind is that your most recent troubles were wheel related so could equally easily have happened in any other car.
I bet it's gutting that you'd sorted the one that got written off though.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
View attachment 46676 View attachment 46677

Picked up a set of alloys which will become my winter set. The vendor claimed that they were less than six months old and he was only selling them because he'd sold the car they were fitted too, and, if that's the case, I think I stole them. :D:D

Normally I'm not much of a fan of black but these actually look very presentable now that I've given them a wash. In fact, once I've polished them up I think they'll look great on the car. ;)

Two have 5/6 mm tread depth, pretty good, with Conti's on. The other two, have Conti's again that're approx 3.5/4 mm which will do until I can afford a couple of winter spec tyres (next month) for the back.

As soon as I've got them finished, touched up, polished and balanced, I'll post some pictures of them mounted on the car.
You'll want some winter rubber won't you Jim. I wouldn't want to spend the winter on 4mm, particularly in your neck of the woods. :rolleyes:

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
£7-800 I guess, quite hard to value with any degree of accuracy
Generous.....I would think around £250 - £300 as the tyres are getting low. Are they aftermarket of Mercedes wheels, they look aftermarket to me hence my valuation.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Generous.....I would think around £250 - £300 as the tyres are getting low. Are they aftermarket of Mercedes wheels, they look aftermarket to me hence my valuation.
Whispers.......don’t burst his bubble...just mean :shock:

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Just showroom shined
(Grease Lightning) me car,
took me 40 minutes, and
even though I say so myself, looks damn fine. :D

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Just showroom shined
(Grease Lightning) me car,
took me 40 minutes, and
even though I say so myself, looks damn fine. :D
Have you clayed it? :D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Tidied the garage and took a load to the tip in it :eek: Yes, I know, but some things were just too long to go in the Mini. Quite an impressive load space with the rear seats folded.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry you're getting grief. We're not running new cars, there will be issues. Just try, in your mind, to offset the cost against the depreciation on a new Vauxhall Astra. And I know where I'd rather be. Four years ago, we spent £23,000 on my wife's Astra GTC.
It now seems to be worth about £7,000. By any measure my R230 is giving good value.

Yes I know, its just happening at a time when we are having to rely so dependently on the cars at the moment and with a thousand and one things on our plate the shoulders are drooping quickly......There is a bright side, we still love these things :cool:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can foresee a trip to Welwyn or Stowemarket in your future...

Welwyn is where it has spent a lot of it care in the past Craig ;)
However it will have a new carer once I call Giles with my stories of woo :rolleyes:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gutted for you Peter.
One thing to bear in mind is that your most recent troubles were wheel related so could equally easily have happened in any other car.
I bet it's gutting that you'd sorted the one that got written off though.

Thanks Kiwi from another Kiwi.....We're built of strong stuff though :D
To be fair the tyre and rim issue was all my doing and nothing to do with the cars fault, I've got so much on our plates at present and I am neglecting all the cars :( My tyre problem was due to me not realising the difference between a flat tyre and a wheel alignment problem. The flat tyre finally gave up on me and although I knew the rim was cracked I just didn't bother putting two and two together which equalled leaking and flat tyre :rolleyes:

I was lucky when I drove the 500 home this morning that the leak only happened when I pulled up in front of the garage, the oil squirted out under extreme pressure and covered all the ABC tank area, seems to be shooting straight up at the bonnet. It'll have to have a good clean to fine the source.
I'll load her onto the lorry and take it to Giles, he'll start becoming a real ABC expert with our cars soon lol

Our old SL is all fixed and the chap is well chuffed with it :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks Kiwi from another Kiwi.....We're built of strong stuff though :D
To be fair the tyre and rim issue was all my doing and nothing to do with the cars fault, I've got so much on our plates at present and I am neglecting all the cars :( My tyre problem was due to me not realising the difference between a flat tyre and a wheel alignment problem. The flat tyre finally gave up on me and although I knew the rim was cracked I just didn't bother putting two and two together which equalled leaking and flat tyre :rolleyes:

I was lucky when I drove the 500 home this morning that the leak only happened when I pulled up in front of the garage, the oil squirted out under extreme pressure and covered all the ABC tank area, seems to be shooting straight up at the bonnet. It'll have to have a good clean to fine the source.
I'll load her onto the lorry and take it to Giles, he'll start becoming a real ABC expert with our cars soon lol

Our old SL is all fixed and the chap is well chuffed with it :)
Will you still make the Mallory Park do, Peter? Looking epic.....:D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom