What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

LoKiE1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 2.7 CDI Coupe Avantgarde Auto
After following the great tips on here; Replaced the 5 Glow plugs on my CLK2.7 CDI (set of five Bosch Glow plugs £39 a Glow plug Extractor and Reamer Kit £14.99 + 20g Ceramic grease £6.99 Grand Total of £60.98 and a few hours of my time - Well Happy :)

Only got the car two weeks ago - runs/starts/drives fine, noticed the GP warning light was coming on for a min after start up, checked the Glow plugs & relay with my £5 multimeter - plugs were goosed all showing open circuits???

Done the WD40 application over this last week in ports while waiting for my parts/kit to arrive, took her for a spin this morning up to temp, pulled bonnet at 1pm was done and dusted for 3pm

Nos 1-4 came out easy and after a bit of a fiddle at bulkhead on No5 (just managed to squeeze passed fuel line in situ) that came out (I was KAKKING myself) but, all out no bother. Had a Brew then Used M10 reamer; Reamed all ports (and plenty carbon removed) then checked new plugs with meter- all good, greased them up with the ceramic grease and fitted.

No more Glow Plug Light and car is running sweet as - My first time ever doing Glow Plugs, really happy with job.

BIG THANKS to all previous posters who have posted threads on the above on the forum

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Emptied boot in r230. Now sitting with a heater in it to dry if out. Looks like someone has caught the little aerial on the rear 3/4 panel and cracked it making it leak. :(

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Emptied boot in r230. Now sitting with a heater in it to dry if out. Looks like someone has caught the little aerial on the rear 3/4 panel and cracked it making it leak. :(

That’s a pain , will it be a replacement or can it be repaired.

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Picked the motor up today after having a refurbished pas steering pump fitted, old part sent back, better price. New breather pipe fitted also.

Power steering pump was leaking, fingers crossed this may well have been the suspected oil leak I thought I had. Engine area cleaned now so if any other issues should be easier to spot.

Good job as always at my local indie at a decent price.

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Kerbed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Kerbed it

Aaaaaaagh. I feel your pain brother. I v slightly brushed NSF one week and clouted it good and proper the following week! Still, that’s why God invented mobile smart repairs. I know they just round off the edges and spray them in but unless you have serious damage requiring full strip down and weld then they’ll be fine. I now park a short taxi ride from the kerb

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Aaaaaaagh. I feel your pain brother. I v slightly brushed NSF one week and clouted it good and proper the following week! Still, that’s why God invented mobile smart repairs. I know they just round off the edges and spray them in but unless you have serious damage requiring full strip down and weld then they’ll be fine. I now park a short taxi ride from the kerb

Worst bit is they were refurbed in Sept. oh well i’ll get it done again more gutting as its the first time ive kerbed this car and only the second time ive kerb any car

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Decided to take the 190E out this morning for a run round as it's been dry for the last few days and it needed a bit of fuel.

Got less than half a mile down the road and the rain started. Only slight, but enough to dampen both the road and my enthusiasm, so I shortened my planned run around from around 2 hours to around 40 minutes. At least it's had a run out and got all it's parts moving again. I actually spent longer drying it off than I did driving it. I must admit to enjoying the little run round though, it ran superbly and can still pick it's feet up quite nicely for a 30 year old car.

As for the fuel, it took around 45 litres which should last me the best part of 2019 if the last couple of years have been anything to go by. It's a shame really as it could do with a bit more use but it's a case of getting the time for it.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just knocked out a quick (not that quick compared to a Pela change) oil change on the E class at 93k miles .
About 7500 since my last change .
Decided to put the car on ramps so I could do a sump plug oil drain . This was my first with the car , and if MB do top side oil changes , then it may have been its first ever ?
Ran the oil hot first , then added an oil flush for 15 mins (I know , but I use them regularly :D) . Drained the hot oil immediately and then refilled with nearly half the new oil going through the oil filter housing .
This was 20L MB bargain bucket oil and an MB filter , so maybe cost £30 .
I reused the sump plug copper washer when I realised I didn't have a new one , but I did blast it to red hot with a blow torch first .

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom