What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
That would look daft. Especially as the 3 cameras in the car also give 10mph each. :lol:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I'll see all your paltry circa 30mpg figures. And I'll raise you all. :p

Mix of town & motorway. Or to be precise 24miles of it was in 30mph limits. I reckon I would have been around the 52mpg mark had I not got stuck in a load of traffic coming out of Hull and also back in to Catterick.

7273c7c261d60e5cb718df6a3c78bb90.jpg

Good mpg figs Carl

There is a certain irony in this, my X reg 320cdi will present similar mpg over that distance but you can't breathe what comes directly out of the exhaust lol so we have come a long way in cleaning up emissions but at the expense of economy.

In EU3/4 terms your mpg would look something like 75 average with unfettered EU5/6 technology built into your car

Bertie Wooster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
Fitted a set of front pads to the s320. Set of Pagid from ECP, bought on last week's 69% off offer. £32 the set, so not too bad I'd say. Also picked up fuel and oil filters too, but they'll have to wait for a warmer day!

Best,
Bertie

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Good mpg figs Carl

There is a certain irony in this, my X reg 320cdi will present similar mpg over that distance but you can't breathe what comes directly out of the exhaust lol so we have come a long way in cleaning up emissions but at the expense of economy.

In EU3/4 terms your mpg would look something like 75 average with unfettered EU5/6 technology built into your car

I didn't want to get into the 'alpha-males' :)rolleyes:) mines bigger/smaller debate on mpg, but my 270 will easily do over 60mpg at 70mph on runs over 50 miles on the motorway (in summer)...and i really don't care about engine size or what the speedo reads up to (OK I do, but not going to admit it!) :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
When you've run vehicles with economy measured in single digits you stop really caring as long as they do double digits now!

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Fitted a set of front pads to the s320. Set of Pagid from ECP, bought on last week's 69% off offer. £32 the set, so not too bad I'd say. Also picked up fuel and oil filters too, but they'll have to wait for a warmer day!

Best,
Bertie

It wasn't even cold today, I did the coolant change laying on me back and it was almost summery compared to laying on me back doing the brake lines a couple of weeks back (Christmas hols)!!

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Washed her and did the de-tarring on the Cills.
Bit dissapointing 19" and 275 tyres have left the lower cills ... peppered.
The SL500s had mud flaps from new and left the cills pristine for 4 years.
But that had 18" wheels x 285s.
I dont think one can put mudflaps on 19". Anyway too late now

I had replaced the lower bonnet lock plastic, and when I dropped the bonnet a couple of days ago when it was frezzing the plastic shattered!
So need to replace it again! Grrr

Bertie Wooster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320cdi
It wasn't even cold today, I did the coolant change laying on me back and it was almost summery compared to laying on me back doing the brake lines a couple of weeks back (Christmas hols)!!

Obviously a bit fairer weather in Notts! Of course, it's not the temperature up here that's the real problem, it's the ****** rain!
Don't envy you those brake lines though.

Best,
Bertie

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Obviously a bit fairer weather in Notts! Of course, it's not the temperature up here that's the real problem, it's the ****** rain!
Don't envy you those brake lines though.

Best,
Bertie

To be honest the cold wasn't too bad (OK it was! And I did nothing for two days afterwards as I was totally drained and ached all over, ruined my New Year), but rain!!...if it had rained when doing the lines I'd of abandoned the job, I hate rain and working on cars in the open, so yes i see where you're coming from and why you left the filters!

Parkgate

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 2.7CDI
Washed her and did the de-tarring on the Cills.
Bit dissapointing 19" and 275 tyres have left the lower cills ... peppered.
The SL500s had mud flaps from new and left the cills pristine for 4 years.
But that had 18" wheels x 285s.
I dont think one can put mudflaps on 19". Anyway too late now

I had replaced the lower bonnet lock plastic, and when I dropped the bonnet a couple of days ago when it was frezzing the plastic shattered!
So need to replace it again! Grrr

Never seen an SL with m/flaps, are they the same or similar to my CLK's m/flaps (see my post a page back) as wheel size would make zero difference (never seen another CLK fitted with MB m/flaps let alone an SL).

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Never seen an SL with m/flaps, are they the same or similar to my CLK's m/flaps (see my post a page back) as wheel size would make zero difference (never seen another CLK fitted with MB m/flaps let alone an SL).

These SL mud flaps were a factory option, but you have to ask ... not on the std. uk options list or a dealer retro fit. Like the sump guard.
They looked fine too from the back just looked like it boosted 285 to 305 tyres

Quite similar, but possibly a little slimmer / more tailored

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Full geometry / wheel alignment on Hunter:

32088503721_2e6ea43e4c_o.png

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Full geometry / wheel alignment on Hunter:

I had mine done just before xmas straight after fitting 2 new front tyres, made a massive difference to the handling and feel

Wozza14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010
I had mine done as well but the state of uk roads won't be long before it gets done again in fact I'm thinking once a year .....maybe...as you say makes such a difference..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I had mine done as well but the state of uk roads won't be long before it gets done again in fact I'm thinking once a year .....maybe...as you say makes such a difference..

The biggie for steering geometry is not potholes but kerbs, or rather side impacts.

It's a good idea to have it run through every 18-24mth though just in case.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had mine done just before xmas straight after fitting 2 new front tyres, made a massive difference to the handling and feel

I had all four new tyres (and wider ones to boot) fitted a few months ago, and just had essentially four new wheels, so I thought it's a good point to get it done.

Wasn't that bad - only two 'red' boxes - left front toe and total toe were out (and only by 2' and 1' respectively), but yes, it feels so much smoother and handling has improved, even though I didn't think it needed any improvement :D

Also happy to recommend InTown Automotive in Northampton - great service, online booking, very polite and attentive staff, and excellent price - £60 for the full alignment. The young lad was meticulous, I was very impressed. Now, when I got back home, and checked the invoice I saw this:

32212913325_41fe3c5eaf_o.png

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Made the same 200 miles round trip as last Thursday (to Dublin airport to give Australia my second daughter) but only got 30 mpg. Well, there was this Jaguar...;)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom