What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

nicholas15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s class w221 - 2012 350 Bluetec, SL500 r230 2003
Hey John

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with the SL. You have certainly spent a lot of time and money on getting it right and it's sad to see you decide to move it on. You certainly were very generous with your help when I was looking for mine late last year and for that I am very grateful.

Maybe you'll get to keep the SL for a little while and enjoy it before it goes....the weather is getting better and is asking for the top to be dropped....

Enjoying the sun by driving to Winchelsea Beach and back - open top SL500, thanks to you guys.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
When I make up my mind Raj, thats what happens- rolling stone and all that.
212's of that age , mileage, condition etc aren't too common so when you see one which looks right you need to move...

Well done on the new acquisition John I'm sure you will love driving it and similar costs to run as the SL but with so much more practicality

I'm like you I have no problem making my mind up when I see the right car which is just as well when you are looking for a Mercedes, the we'll specced ones don't tend to hang about long

Look forward to seeing pics:D:D

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
When I make up my mind Raj, thats what happens- rolling stone and all that.
212's of that age , mileage, condition etc aren't too common so when you see one which looks right you need to move...

You know my name's not Raj don't you!!??

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well done on the new acquisition John I'm sure you will love driving it and similar costs to run as the SL but with so much more practicality

I'm like you I have no problem making my mind up when I see the right car which is just as well when you are looking for a Mercedes, the we'll specced ones don't tend to hang about long

Look forward to seeing pics:D:D

Thank you Malcolm, I think you are right, maybe even slightly cheaper to run, the engine needs less pushing than the NA I feel.
And practicality for sure!
Pics will follow either on pick up day or after....

fidge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class Coupe 2013
Today, I checked and lowered the tyre pressures. I had 3 tyres replaced earlier in the week and all where way over.

Congratulations John on your new purchase.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Today, I checked and lowered the tyre pressures. I had 3 tyres replaced earlier in the week and all where way over.

Congratulations John on your new purchase.

Always good better ride and thanks fidge!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So when are you picking the new beast up John?

1st of March Matt, nice 'little' drive to Southend on sea/down in the SL back in the E63.....:D
Any luck finding one yourself so far?

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom