What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No longer own a Mercedes Benz
Dab of hot glue to hold the parrot microphone in place in lieu of the official holder thingy.

Thinking of mounting the remote control to the side of the gear lever so I'll be able to use it without taking eyes off the road.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Dab of hot glue to hold the parrot microphone in place in lieu of the official holder thingy.

Thinking of mounting the remote control to the side of the gear lever so I'll be able to use it without taking eyes off the road.
Like simple solutions!

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Replaced my rear tyres from the asymetric 2's to the asymetric 3's. 17000miles on my rears not to bad i thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Replaced my rear tyres from the asymetric 2's to the asymetric 3's. 17000miles on my rears not to bad i thought

Very good indeed at 17k

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I think i might hqve got another 1000-2000 out of them but with a trip to France looming in a few weeks a didnt want to risk em going bald half way thru

Very wise, will be interesting to hear your opinion on differences between the 2s and 3s too

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Very wise, will be interesting to hear your opinion on differences between the 2s and 3s too

They have come with 8&1/2mm tread and have little dipples inside the tread which im guessing is to help disperse the water more. Lets see how they last

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
They have come with 8&1/2mm tread and have little dipples inside the tread which im guessing is to help disperse the water more. Lets see how they last

8.5mm? Blimey thats good- about .5mm better than most others and 1.5mm better than Michelins

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The 2's were the same and theyre not actually to badly priced.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Adjusted and freed up the boot release catch on the 500......Missus should be well pleased, soften the blow from the £328 month purchase bill from the internet on-line auctions :oops:

Attachments

• DSC01079 (Small).JPG
    DSC01079 (Small).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01080 (Small).JPG
    DSC01080 (Small).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 15

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
All shined up ready for the early morning drive to Leamington Spa tomorrow for the AMG PL meet....

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Replaced the exhaust trim on my R129, the previous owner having decided to paint the one that was on there when I bought it a year ago black, presumably to cover up rust? After my MB dealer offered me 20% on a new one bringing it down to the 'bargain' price of £95 there's now a nice shiney one in its place. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just freshened up the brake fluid in the Clk using my Sealey pressure vessel thingy . The bleed nipples on the rears were 9mm but the nipple was close to the brake caliper body so it was difficult to get a spanner on unless it was open ended (which I didn't have ) I used a deep 9mm socket to loosen the nipple first before bleeding it , I had to nip it tight at the end with a set of pliers before using the deep socket again to get the correct 7mm torque . The bleed nipple did slop around a bit and I believe this is the cause of air bubbles in the drain tube (a bit of Internet research did say this could happen ) I bled nearly 1/2 L through the rear right wondering when the bubbles would stop (none were being drawn in to the reservoir ) .
The rear left had the same bubble issue with another 1/2 L .
The fronts fitted my closed end 9mm bleed spanner easily and there were no bubble issues .
So both cars now have fresh brake fluid for another 2 years :)

BeeJay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 (2008) and Lexus LS 430 (2003)
I cleaned the windscreen, then used a clay bar followed by a German product promising 'nano protection'. Now waiting for rain and a country lane to see if it has all been in vain!

This may not be everyone's approach, but I have come to realise that if you gather 100 car detailers into a room and ask them a simple question, like 'how do you clean a windscreen', you will get 101 replies ;)

Apologies to any detailers who may read this.

PS When did washing, cleaning or polishing become renamed detailing?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I cleaned the windscreen, then used a clay bar followed by a German product promising 'nano protection'. Now waiting for rain and a country lane to see if it has all been in vain!

This may not be everyone's approach, but I have come to realise that if you gather 100 car detailers into a room and ask them a simple question, like 'how do you clean a windscreen', you will get 101 replies ;)

Apologies to any detailers who may read this.

PS When did washing, cleaning or polishing become renamed detailing?
When the yanks got hold of it :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom