What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Rapid drive to work after dental work (again!), a new S5 tried it on.......

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Tried to fit a new front grille on the SL but failed. I can't get the MB star to fix on tightly.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Well another good day today at the MOT station, A-Class passed :)

It had its first ever exhaust change a couple of weeks ago (£57). DIY.

This morning I popped in the new front pads & sensor which has cured the intermittent brake warning - (odd as it sometimes flashed, then extinguished even under braking, least it's all 100% now).
Genuine Merc £37.

Noted some surface corrosion on rear brake pipes - so happy days.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Curbed the F*********ing unmarked F*******ing wheel on a 5 ft wideturning in the morrisons car park, which is the most ridiculous cark park entrance I have ever seen. It was actually 5 ft from one side to the other. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

20170721_184455.jpg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ damn it, hate that!
I remember when I had my last 212, had it barely a month and kerbed both NS wheels in the multi storey ramps in Edinburgh St Andrews car park...which had been designed it would appear for Fiat Unos

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
^ damn it, hate that!
I remember when I had my last 212, had it barely a month and kerbed both NS wheels in the multi storey ramps in Edinburgh St Andrews car park...which had been designed it would appear for Fiat Unos

Had it nearly 12 months and not a mark until today.

Just yesterday I was zooming around an empty multistory in Wembley without any issues.....humpg

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
The shopping mall in Watford has a very narrow exit from one of the car parks and it is on a 90 degree turn, i dont take my ML there anymore as you can't get around the bend without touching the front offside or rear nearside tyre against the kerb and it is a tall kerb as well!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Feeling your pain:(
The shopping mall in Watford has a very narrow exit from one of the car parks and it is on a 90 degree turn, i dont take my ML there anymore as you can't get around the bend without touching the front offside or rear nearside tyre against the kerb and it is a tall kerb as well!

My wife cant understand why I was so upset....

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
Picked up mine from secure parking, after working away this week and driving 5hrs in a Transit...
It was like the first pint on a hot day...
Scrubbed the last of the tread off the rears on the few miles home too;):D

I then had that first pinto_O

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Took the ML for the first MOT under my ownership, passed with no advisories

Spent some time looking at the underside, no leaks of fluids visible, and just minor surface rust on the subframe, which will soon be treated with Bilt Hamber Dynax UC to stop it.

Once it got home, spent 15 mins cleaning the inside, dirty footprints on the carpets etc.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Drove it in torrential downpour on deserted A43 ... really nice handling (sports suspension and GY tyres) :)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Curbed the F*********ing unmarked F*******ing wheel on a 5 ft wideturning in the morrisons car park, which is the most ridiculous cark park entrance I have ever seen. It was actually 5 ft from one side to the other. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 37987
So sorry for you Alex, a real sod.
We have a multi near us ... its a nightmare in the CL
Honestly you are flying blind .. its ridiculous.
So far been lucky but wont go there now they are refurbished.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
^ damn it, hate that!
Did the same with my 212 in France last year John. "Ooh wow look at our bendy lights through this speed chicane " <bang thump> Go diagonal corners...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
So sorry for you Alex, a real sod.
We have a multi near us ... its a nightmare in the CL
Honestly you are flying blind .. its ridiculous.
So far been lucky but wont go there now they are refurbished.

It's only "safe" going shopping in a CL if it's Costco with their 8' wide spaces...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom