What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

c250blue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT BLUETEC 2014
I got frustrated with my car yesterday by slagging it off. Had the car nearly three months and it's developed a fault.

Aside from that i installed a bassbox and a amp in my c220d amg line last month.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
A Service and new rear brake pads

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I got frustrated with my car yesterday by slagging it off. Had the car nearly three months and it's developed a fault.

Aside from that i installed a bassbox and a amp in my c220d amg line last month.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Slagging it (her!) off will only get her angry at you!!! Mark my words!

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Cleaned and conditioned the tan leather seats in my new (to me) E class coupe as I suspect they hadn't been done in a while.
Then washed the car.

Was impressed with how much dirt the seats and that colour hide . The cloths told a story afterwards......

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
A rear window regulator decided to self-destruct on Friday afternoon. It let go with one hell of a bang, my first thought was that the glass had shattered. Window now stuck half way open, not good..

Phoned local MB dealer, Milton Keynes have one in stock. Delivered to dealer first thing Saturday morning.

Fitted it this morning but cannot shear off the three pop rivets that secure it to the door. These things are seriously tough stuff, steel/4mm, I may have to take the car into work and use an air riveter. Anyone else have experience of this problem?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A rear window regulator decided to self-destruct on Friday afternoon

Sorry to hear about this problem, never had that happen on my two old 168s ...
I'm sure you'll get it sorted with your level of expertise :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
‘Working’ from home today so ‘my man’ can come give the Panzer a pamper session before Christmas...

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Nothing really , it is , at the moment all coverd up.
And under the bonnet i pushed in a king size quilt .
Took both the wife and i to pack it in DSC04074.JPG to cover vital coolant items ..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
A rear window regulator decided to self-destruct on Friday afternoon. It let go with one hell of a bang, my first thought was that the glass had shattered. Window now stuck half way open, not good..

Phoned local MB dealer, Milton Keynes have one in stock. Delivered to dealer first thing Saturday morning.

Fitted it this morning but cannot shear off the three pop rivets that secure it to the door. These things are seriously tough stuff, steel/4mm, I may have to take the car into work and use an air riveter. Anyone else have experience of this problem?
The easiest way to remove pop rivets is to take a big drill, maybe 10mm or so, centre it in the hole of the pop and gently start to drill away the pop centre. Soon enough the head will just fall off.

Or do you mean, your problem is to pop the new rivets? If so then I've not had a problem with a hand riveting tool going upto that size.

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
The easiest way to remove pop rivets is to take a big drill, maybe 10mm or so, centre it in the hole of the pop and gently start to drill away the pop centre. Soon enough the head will just fall off.

Or do you mean, your problem is to pop the new rivets? If so then I've not had a problem with a hand riveting tool going upto that size.

Sorry I should have explained the problem better, yes my problem is the new rivets. I have a fairly good quality hand riveter but no longer have the strength in my hands (arthritis). Off to work shortly to use the air riveter.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry I should have explained the problem better, yes my problem is the new rivets. I have a fairly good quality hand riveter but no longer have the strength in my hands (arthritis). Off to work shortly to use the air riveter.
That sounds like a plan!!

Zahid Jahangir

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300te-24/1989/3.0
I changed some fuses for the 1st time as my front wiper and rear heated glass stopped working! Weird fuses, but lucky a Friend stocks these.

Also ordered a w124 mercedes manual, not Haynes brand, but I paid for it for £10 plus £4 postage, not bad for a brand new manual on ebay.

Also ordered alot more of these fuses, in bulk but cheap for 200 pieces for just over £5 on ebay, but it's coming from China.

Regards

Zippy

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
That sounds like a plan!!

Success. Air riveter to the rescue!

Refitted the door card to discover that the interior door release handle does not return fully, grr. Removed door card and doused the door latch with silicone spray, the handle now seems to work ok. Just need to get some more trim panel clips tomorrow.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I changed some fuses for the 1st time as my front wiper and rear heated glass stopped working! Weird fuses, but lucky a Friend stocks these.

Also ordered a w124 mercedes manual, not Haynes brand, but I paid for it for £10 plus £4 postage, not bad for a brand new manual on ebay.

Also ordered alot more of these fuses, in bulk but cheap for 200 pieces for just over £5 on ebay, but it's coming from China.

Regards

Zippy

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

For future reference if possible get brass fuses in future. I'd almost guarantee the Chinese one will be aluminium. The brass ones suffer less from corrosion and bad contact. Invest a little time in cleaning all the fuse contacts in the fuse box as well at some point.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom