What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Arrived in Granada
Neighbor picked me up and we went to my Villa in Andalucia to collect car (W210) which had been left standing for 4 months as I had to leave suddenly in September.
Battery flat as a Fluke.
Used mechanical key to gain entry
Jump started from another neighbor`s Toyota Rav 4
Cleared all fault codes
Took for a drive
Car performing faultlessly and will be checked out thoroughly before the long drive back to Blighty starting on 2 Feb.
Weather is 30 degrees,blue sky,no clouds, must stop as I`m getting carried away by Malbec!!

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Arrived in Granada
Neighbor picked me up and we went to my Villa in Andalucia to collect car (W210) which had been left standing for 4 months as I had to leave suddenly in September.
Battery flat as a Fluke.
Used mechanical key to gain entry
Jump started from another neighbor`s Toyota Rav 4
Cleared all fault codes
Took for a drive
Car performing faultlessly and will be checked out thoroughly before the long drive back to Blighty starting on 2 Feb.
Weather is 30 degrees,blue sky,no clouds, must stop as I`m getting carried away by Malbec!!
I cant wait to buy a place in Spain. Hopefully not too long to wait with potential early retirement getting closer.

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
I cant wait to buy a place in Spain. Hopefully not too long to wait with potential early retirement getting closer.

I’d settle for being able to even buy a place in the UK! Lol. This is my first rental with a driveway FFS, maybe one day soon my sound investment strategies will pay off (hard work, FakeCoin and Lotto tickets...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAgOireachtaigh

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC/2010/180 petrol automatic
I've copied this idea from another forum that I use (A Ford Transit Forum) of all things!

I quite look forward to getting the e-mail notifiers that someone has posted something... De-badged their van, polished it, new wheels maybe... even a new air freshener....

Just a bit of fun really....

So, come on...
What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?
Tried and failed to fix CD player. Been working fine but all of a sudden won't play, or eject CD's. Message appear on the screen "Drive unavailable" its a 6 slot multi player in a 2010 CLC. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Tried and failed to fix CD player. Been working fine but all of a sudden won't play, or eject CD's. Message appear on the screen "Drive unavailable" its a 6 slot multi player in a 2010 CLC. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Welcome- I’d repost this in the specific area and it’s more likely to be seen and replied to there- ‘electrical’ would be best....

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I’d settle for being able to even buy a place in the UK! Lol. This is my first rental with a driveway FFS, maybe one day soon my sound investment strategies will pay off (hard work, FakeCoin and Lotto tickets...)

Give MB Grangemouth a ring for good battery prices (mention the forum ) . I found them unbeatable

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Had some custom 2 piece brake disks made up for the S class, now comes the long 2 week wait.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Had problem with misty car, took cover over off over fresh air vent inlet under bonnet and lubricated flap, opens and closes nicely now could see pollen filters looked pretty clean so left them.
Whilst I was ferreting under bonnet sprayed ACF 50 about and put some oil in, was just about to shut bonnet and decided to obstruct air intake with foil to improve warm up.
Closed bonnet and went inside for cup of tea.
Why am I doing it crossed my mind a few times but felt strangely satisfied.
What would I do with myself with a new car on the drive ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Gave it a new USB stick full of music. The old stick had died and the temporary one stuck too far out of the dash :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Drove the CL into work...

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Give MB Grangemouth a ring for good battery prices (mention the forum ) . I found them unbeatable

Thanks Wighty, will give them a call. Was keeping an eye on a few sites waiting for discount codes to appear ;) Guess the make/break may be their shipping costs (if they do ship)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks Wighty, will give them a call. Was keeping an eye on a few sites waiting for discount codes to appear ;) Guess the make/break may be their shipping costs (if they do ship)

£5 shipping or collect free from your nearest Arnold Clark dealership (if you have one) - Nice free MB Fleece blanket on orders over £100 at the moment too....01324 686002
(I’m not on commission by the way!)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009

Yep ,£5 shipping .

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
£5 shipping or collect free from your nearest Arnold Clark dealership (if you have one) - Nice free MB Fleece blanket on orders over £100 at the moment too....01324 686002
(I’m not on commission by the way!)

They quoted me £183 delivered for a battery for my mums C250CGi, retails at £240, I actually beat my indy down to £186 fitted

Queue Tom’s “...it’s a deal...” sketch from Lock Stock:

Top Bottom