Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
At least he's not in the bomb squad...

"Cut the green wire...."
"Which one?"
"There's only one"
"Ah it must be this o..."

BOOM!!!!

(Sorry John - we're taking the p1ss....)
Haha don’t worry I know it and can take it....there are worse afflictions although clearly snooker isn’t great!!

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Haha don’t worry I know it and can take it....there are worse afflictions although clearly snooker isn’t great!!

Just a gentle reminder John that;
Red means stop. Amber means stop, Green means go!
What colour do you see when green is lit ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Loads of fun when I completed my IAM course and test I can tell you! All look ‘green’ to me (joking)
The good thing is my colour blindness is restricted to blue and green...and since the only blue lights are apparently emergency vehicles I am (by my affliction) allowed to follow them close behind at similar speeds :D - this is my blue smiling face by the way!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
And in a boat you need to stick between the red and green channel markers.... oh sh*t....

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Still cleaning up the 190 but hit a bit of a snag this morning. ****** rust under the mudflap in the rear arches. :(

There was a tiny bit which looked to be stretching the coating so, after taking the flaps off and a bit of careful scraping, I came across one of those repairs which is straight out of the 1970s DIY repair manuals. Perforated metal sheet, loads of filler and smother in several coats of underseal. I've started to grind it all out but lent my angle grinder to a mate so the best part will have to wait till I get it back at weekend. Once I've got it back to clean metal I'll get a plate let into it and the surrounding areas. Just hoping that the wheel arch isn't bad (it looks OK so far) otherwise I'll be getting more involved than I wanted...

Under Arch OSR rust.jpg

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
And in a boat you need to stick between the red and green channel markers.... oh sh*t....
I think you mean the blue and blue ones!!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Was it easy to fit?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Piece of pi@@ in the 212, open bonnet and there’s a hole under the badge , reach in with the fingers and press the spring holds with thumb and forefinger together- the badge lifts and pulls out from the top of the bonnet. New badge just presses in- simples.
Only issue was that the spring on the old one hadn’t seen any lubrication so my poor wee fingers ended a bit ragged!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Still cleaning up the 190 but hit a bit of a snag this morning. ****** rust under the mudflap in the rear arches. :(

There was a tiny bit which looked to be stretching the coating so, after taking the flaps off and a bit of careful scraping, I came across one of those repairs which is straight out of the 1970s DIY repair manuals. Perforated metal sheet, loads of filler and smother in several coats of underseal. I've started to grind it all out but lent my angle grinder to a mate so the best part will have to wait till I get it back at weekend. Once I've got it back to clean metal I'll get a plate let into it and the surrounding areas. Just hoping that the wheel arch isn't bad (it looks OK so far) otherwise I'll be getting more involved than I wanted...

View attachment 41471

Dave, it’s us you’re talking to. “More involved than I wanted” is a relative term!!!!!

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

View attachment 41471
So it’s the 213 or the xbox right enough on Sunday?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only issue was that the spring on the old one hadn’t seen any lubrication so my poor wee fingers ended a bit ragged!
John, would you like a brand new locking bit - I have no use for it, it was part of the badge I bought from MB Newcastle.
PM me your address - I'll send it over :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
John, would you like a brand new locking bit - I have no use for it, it was part of the badge I bought from MB Newcastle.
PM me your address - I'll send it over :)
Why not- it’s be rude not to- thanks David, PM being sent

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Dave, it’s us you’re talking to. “More involved than I wanted” is a relative term!!!!!

More involved means buying a new wheel arch and throwing 90% of it away just to get the bit I need, then welding it in place, though hopefully this is now not needed.

Just had my mate round to have a look at it. Attacked it with a screwdriver and reckons that it's not as bad as I thought initially as it goes straight into the boot. Cut the rubbish out, let a couple of plates into it and leave it with me for finishing off to an acceptable standard. Going to rip the other side apart as well just to make sure but it's not as bad as this one.

So it’s the 213 or the xbox right enough on Sunday?

E Class John, my wheel has arrived from Germany so I've now got the car back. :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
More involved means buying a new wheel arch and throwing 90% of it away just to get the bit I need, then welding it in place, though hopefully this is now not needed.

Just had my mate round to have a look at it. Attacked it with a screwdriver and reckons that it's not as bad as I thought initially as it goes straight into the boot. Cut the rubbish out, let a couple of plates into it and leave it with me for finishing off to an acceptable standard. Going to rip the other side apart as well just to make sure but it's not as bad as this one.

E Class John, my wheel has arrived from Germany so I've now got the car back. :)
Excellent.Would have been happy to see either Dave

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Get outta town, more involved for you means hand-weaving one out of carbon fibre!!! :D :D :D

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom