What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Got my 190 back on the ground today. First time it's had all four wheels on it this year, so I treated it to a quick clean and wax as it was a bit dusty with all the work which has gone on around the back end.

Forgot to take any pictures but it doesn't really matter as nobody's going to see under there anyway. :)

I'm going to blast it all with a couple of decent wax protectors, Bilt Hamber dynax-S50 & dynax-UC, before it goes out anywhere just for my own peace of mind really, though all the new metal has now been etch primed, undersealed and painted so it should last a while hopefully. :)

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
I was fed up with the front jacking pad on the cross member not fitting the trolley jack properly (or vice versa) and it had ended up in a mess. After taking the remains off and thinking about buying a new one which would end up the same I came up with an adapter which fits into the hole on the cross member and the end of the jack with the normal cup removed. Works well so far and with a piece of rubber on the cross member end it plugs in there first and allows the jack to go under easily.
With a piece of plastic and the remains of the old pad I made a blanking piece that plugs into the cross member and covers the hole in the under tray.
Cup of tea and the fire now only 4C here today and forecast to be barely above freezing for the next week so no more work outside except bringing the firewood in!

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
New windscreen in... Had them fit it at my local Indie so they could cast their eye over everything... Fingers crossed!

Filled up with go-go juice on way home and my fuel-filler cap retaining apparatus went twang!

Anybody know if you can just buy new retaining strap, or is it whole new filler cap too?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
New windscreen in... Had them fit it at my local Indie so they could cast their eye over everything... Fingers crossed!

Filled up with go-go juice on way home and my fuel-filler cap retaining apparatus went twang!

Anybody know if you can just buy new retaining strap, or is it whole new filler cap too?

Think its a whole new cap. Not too cheap either.
My rubber strsp broke, but actually I found it easier to park in the clip without one.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Experimented with the new Nisi camera grade C-PL ( Polarising) lens.
Got rid of a slight shadow casting reflection from the raised high level brake light bump on the rear parcel shelf.

Pretty high quality light pass through .. didnt effect the EV of the camera once focussed. :)
I was expecting it to darken the image but no percievable difference. :)

Gave the car a 20 dehumidfying heat up with a 2000 watt heater and one window 20mm dropped.
No more condensation :):)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch

the strap on mine irritates the feck out of me , put it on its perch , thee strap fetches it off again ,grrrrr

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Think its a whole new cap. Not too cheap either.
My rubber strsp broke, but actually I found it easier to park in the clip without one.

Mine didn't really interfere with stowing it in the slot. Just annoys me that it's broken!

Also need to give the whole filler cap area a good clean up.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Experimented with the new Nisi camera grade C-PL ( Polarising) lens.
Got rid of a slight shadow casting reflection from the raised high level brake light bump on the rear parcel shelf.

Pretty high quality light pass through .. didnt effect the EV of the camera once focussed. :)
I was expecting it to darken the image but no percievable difference. :)

Gave the car a 20 dehumidfying heat up with a 2000 watt heater and one window 20mm dropped.
No more condensation :):)

Got a link to the C-PL and heater you used?

I keep a couple of these in the car. I have 4 in total. Keep two in the car and two in the airing cupboard. Rotate them once every 3mths and seems to stop the condensation.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0151OV5U8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KGrKAb0PCP8FZ

Although my S212 doesn’t get that much inside but more than my liking.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Mine didn't really interfere with stowing it in the slot. Just annoys me that it's broken!

Also need to give the whole filler cap area a good clean up.

My mums has broken, doesn't bother her and actually makes it easier to put it in the holder, just took it off.

I cleaned the area round my fuel filler last week and had to unblock the drain

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

You can’t, but a bootlace is cheap if you really want one!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
On our way to pick up the 55 in the 500, guess where we are at the moment :D

IMG_20180224_100125.jpg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well, just ordered a 7l water filter from race glaze, I’m sure that will be enough for me doing one car at a time...
Also just received replacement key batteries- you have to live Amazon but really? Does anything need this much packaging ?

Attachments

• E253E1C8-7820-4292-AC19-A93FEFDF94F2.jpeg
    E253E1C8-7820-4292-AC19-A93FEFDF94F2.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 9683E839-AFF4-41D8-88F8-DFFD0AFA4E66.jpeg
    9683E839-AFF4-41D8-88F8-DFFD0AFA4E66.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 18

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Also just received replacement key batteries- you have to live Amazon but really? Does anything need this much packaging ?

Them batteries can be dangerous John. They put it in a box that big to make sure the delivery man doesn’t swallow it accidentally.....

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Them batteries can be dangerous John. They put it in a box that big to make sure the delivery man doesn’t swallow it accidentally.....
Exactly, maybe he’d suffocate on the warning sticker though first ? :p

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Filled the coolant up again, think I have a leak!!!!!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom