What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I see R230 and SLK only which is why it did not come up in my search. Think the install is different to R231, with Smartop you get LEDs on the relay unit which show if the connections are correct so you can test it as you go..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yep no LEDs. Tried every CAN connection, tried reversing the cables both ends but it wasn't playing. Malcolm apparently tried it and couldn't get it to work either.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Yep no LEDs. Tried every CAN connection, tried reversing the cables both ends but it wasn't playing. Malcolm apparently tried it and couldn't get it to work either.
May be a DOA unit

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Just finished repairing the rot in the rear wheel wells of the 210. Turned out to be a big job especially on the offside when all the rot had been cut out. I couldn’t find anyone willing to take the job on so decided to diy with galvanised 0.9mm plate and stainless 3mm bolts and nuts and quite enjoyed the challenge.

Just need to get it through the MoT now

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
What a lovely day ... sun is shinning .. crystal blue sky ... sunroof open and all windows down.
And still 26.2mpg around town :):):)

Car finally all fixed no dash warnings or fault codes :):)

Head mechanic says she drives like a peach!

Oh you can keep these little engines ... you just cant beat a 5.5.L for the woosh factor! :):)

And a cold glass of Chard! On the way home ...

For those who are interested

Needed 4 new sensors . That sorted my ABS ESP Run Flat Indicators and Parking Brake warnings .
Yeah I know whats a Parking brake got to do with wheel soeed sensors ... who cares :):)

He he he ... plain sailing I hope! ... For a few months.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Took it to work this morning... only a short job, quick site recce... roof open, windows down... V8 burbling away nicely!

Mine is at work and just watched the road sweeper go past covering it in a nice thick layer of dust :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Drove to north London and back and then to Birmingham. Roof down its a lovely way to travel (Aside from the Pillock in the Cunningham international HGV who thinks it's ok to drive 6ft off the bumper of cars when in a roadworks zone with average speed cameras).

Last edited:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Drove to north London and back and then to Birmingham. Roof down its a lovely way to travel (Aside from the Pillock in the Cunningham international HGV who thinks it's ok to drive 6ft off the bumper of cars when in a roadworks zone with average speed cameras).

Why do they do that.
Reminds me of a trip to France in the SL.
I had completely misjudged it ... and she was running on vapour with 12 miles to go to the next petrol stn.
So best plan was judge it so she just clicked into 7th ... probably 60-65 mph.
This french lorry was like 2 feet behind us in the slow lane... seriously!

So the wife waves him back ( politely) and then with more earnest. ( no rude jestures btw)
He just thought it was funny. And was laughing and just got closer.

Obviously he did not understand Yougoslav hot tempers ..
after five minutes of this; she reaches into the powered cool box, and grabs a very large, very runny by now, strawberry Slushy or whatever .

Bosh ... smack in the middle of his windscreen! Streaming left and right!
Prat then puts on the wipers ... nice job.
Funny he stopped pdq!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Got the E Class in the garage as the 190 is at my mate's garage, hopefully having an oil leak sorted.

Cleaned the E to within an inch of it's life. Washed and died first, then clayed with Bilt Hamber medium due to the amount of debris it's accumulated with living outside under the carport. Some of this was possibly my fault as I have been painting various bits and pieces and the over-spray seems to have taken to the white paintwork on the E. It felt like sandpaper. :( I like the Bilt Hamber clay as it doesn't need any special lube, water is fine but plenty of it.

After that was done, another good wipe down and I've just given it a coat of Soft 99 hard wax which really seems to suit the white. A good and inexpensive wax which gets excellent reviews but it has a pretty unpleasant smell with it.

I'll probably give it another coat later in the week though see how it looks first. As it is now I'm resting again. :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Washed and died first, then clayed with Bilt Hamber medium due to the amount of debris it's accumulated with living outside under the carport. Some of this was possibly my fault as I have been painting various bits and pieces and the over-spray seems to have taken to the white paintwork on the E. It felt like sandpaper. :( I like the Bilt Hamber clay as it doesn't need any special lube, water is fine but plenty of it.

I use the same, so easy to use and good value, I use their "Double speed" Wax as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bilt-Hambe...&sr=8-1&keywords=bilt+hamber+double+speed-wax

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Spent more money ... rear brake pipes replaced :(

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Lovely sunny drive to Tavy & back over Dartmoor, windows open (closest I get to a convertible so far) Great views over Plymouth Sound.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
A whole 6ft ! You can get a Smart car in that :rolleyes:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Left it at MB Cheshire Oaks to have the AC issue sorted, just received the obligatory health check to tell me what I already know......:)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom