What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
You polishers! I spent today marvelling at how many bugs I'd killed!!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Are you after Rash's crown:D

I'll never get to that level Roger :D

You polishers! I spent today marvelling at how many bugs I'd killed!!

That's what I use the Nissan for ;), though I'll hopefully get a few small flies on Sunday on my little trip I have planned...

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
Glad to hear its lovely and chilly :)

I always wondered is one supposed to change this gas/liquid as a mileage or age service item , or is it a “leave it till its broke” thing?

One of my SLs needed a top up, but they did t mention a leak ... but then under warranty so didnt matter.
Worked fine till I sold it.
The system should be evacuated and recharged properly not just have gas added. The machine removes the remaining gas and old oil, then holds the system under vacuum for around 20 mins to remove the moisture, then it recharges the system with the correct amount of gas and new oil. The print out should say how gas and oil has been removed and how much has been put back in. The machine can be set to do it quickly by missing out the 20 minutes of vacuum, it's not the way to do it but a lot garages do it that way as a money spinner. Be wary of the £20 bargain re gas is the lesson.

chrisw

Reaction score
(Yesterday) Given the DPF a good cleaning by a 40 mile brisk drive along the motorway, but still keeping within the speed limit.
Also applied some newly acquired Gummi Pflege.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
It's just that they can seem from the side of the car and looked horrible.

Which side, the underside? You must be killing the pedestrians who dared to have a look, lol. :D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Another day, another lot of stainless to clean. :(

These bits could take some time...

As a matter of interest (OCD interest has kicked in) what do you use to clean it/them?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Which side, the underside? You must be killing the pedestrians who dared to have a look, lol. :D

The boxes actually sit lower than the side skirts so they're noticeable from a few feet away.
As they're on show, they should be clean. :)

As a matter of interest (OCD interest has kicked in) what do you use to clean it/them?

I usually start with a brass bristled wire brush, then move onto a medium grade wire wool. After that it's metal polish and plenty of microfibres. Oh, and a lot of time. I'll probably give them another pass this week as I've been busy today getting the flies off it after a run out this morning.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I managed to polish out all these little specs that where otherwise impossible to shift:

I had to 4 stage polish/compound the bonnet. Was chasing the sun this morning, panel was getting too hot. Cleaned the rest of it and took it for a drive!

eP1RoH42rJwy9tviNTIlnyIn0zzwcfm3gPAHz-K7j2Jx04_NUN3VOABnq3Q-ZnYeu-qGnPdNNPHbSI4EAbVBqi--pw4ghrNj9AObh0b0kXlJGZUDcOOLyczUVGmqNRwE08_1Q7MbgGE=w1278-h959-no

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom