What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
ive liked your post but only because I have an empathy with you and losing a car you love so much pal :(:(
I know what you mean bembo. I've been very fortunate to have been able to run a dream car for nearly 4 years, but needs must! I genuinely have no idea how to follow it, within my budget, that won't bore or frustrate me in some way!

Best not get too fond of the Abarth - that won't be very comfy in a few years time:eek:

After recent knee surgery... Possibly less than a few Jimpey! Was only a short (and very unplanned) blast yesterday, but actually not uncomfortable once in it. Didn't do a roof-up drive to see what refinement was like.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
it's the first car in over 25 yrs that I've owned for more than 2 yrs, and still love it... it's irreplaceable!!!

I start crying tonight. I may actually go and sleep in it.

Oh man, I can relate to the new car every 2 years. My boredom threshold is very similar, but I'm worried about the 7 years old part and expecting big bills. Mine is 8.5/9 years old, ok only 20k miles (turned over today) what mileage has yours done?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Oh man, I can relate to the new car every 2 years. My boredom threshold is very similar, but I'm worried about the 7 years old part and expecting big bills. Mine is 8.5/9 years old, ok only 20k miles (turned over today) what mileage has yours done?

Mines just knocking on the door of 46k miles, on a 61-reg. It's running sweet as a nut, hasn't really given me any shocks in nearly 4 years, but being an AMG, I have to consider that when something does let go, it could cost a bit. And I just don't have the disposable now.

As I say, I'm very fortunate that I've been able to enjoy a 63 for as long as I have but times change and needs must... and all that jazz!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Are they doing 212s Dave?

As far as I'm led to believe, mine is the first Mercedes that they have ever done John, so no would be the answer. They will however do a one off as mentioned in my post about the GT.

Long overdue Jim, as per previous. Should've really moved it last year, but no idea what to replace it with, plus work is a little uncertain (I may well even have to move abroad) - it's the first car in over 25 yrs that I've owned for more than 2 yrs, and still love it... it's irreplaceable!!!

But... New career is too vague in terms of regularity, and less income even when working! 63 nearing 7yrs old too, so some large bills can be reasonably expected before long.

Have actually sold it to the guy who was running my local Indie! It goes Saturday. I start crying tonight. I may actually go and sleep in it.

Gutted for you Guy. If it's any consolation, I was working abroad when I bought my W211 E55 back in 2005ish, so there's still a fighting chance for you. :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
[Ahem] Abarth... if you please! :)

Whatever I get has to be only car; needs to be more sensible running costs day-to-day than the 63. Also has to be a bit of fun..... as it has to follow the 63!

Oh... What have I done to mine today??? Agreed the sale 30 mins ago! o_O:(
Aaaaargh....gutted Guy but what must be must be I guess

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Just done a quick wheels off clean up this morning, mainly as the callipers were looking grubby and I couldn't get to them properly with the wheels in place. Also took the opportunity to give the inside of the rims a quick clean.

Bet my neighbours loved me with the compressor firing up and a rattle gun on the go at around 06.30. :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just done a quick wheels off clean up this morning, mainly as the callipers were looking grubby and I couldn't get to them properly with the wheels in place. Also took the opportunity to give the inside of the rims a quick clean.

Bet my neighbours loved me with the compressor firing up and a rattle gun on the go at around 06.30. :D
Could have been worse Dave, you could have started the car!;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As far as I'm led to believe, mine is the first Mercedes that they have ever done John, so no would be the answer. They will however do a one off as mentioned in my post about the GT.

Gutted for you Guy. If it's any consolation, I was working abroad when I bought my W211 E55 back in 2005ish, so there's still a fighting chance for you. :)
I did have a mooch on their site Dave, they looked BMW orentated certainly. Pity, they would suit the 212 nicely too....

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

Here's hoping. Although if abroad is the way, then it'll likely be Canada or somewhere, so I'll probably go native and get a Ford Raptor!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
If they want a second test, I’ll see how quickly I can shred ‘em;)

:p:p You'll have to wait John, building works going on at ours, couldn't get my car out of the garage so had to take the 500 to work yesterday, surprisingly only 1.2 mpg difference between the 2 cars on a 20 mile trek o_O Obviously not driving the 55 hard enough :(

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
In the toy shop having the Smartop fitted, feeling unfaithful (see pics)
62a8010a07343c54c430dc5f4f7b5978.jpg
2a8a51c81de7134587408005230a2da8.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Picked up the CL last night from Phil @Welwyn Merx. Drives beautifully but I can still hear an annoying rattle from somewhere underneath!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom