What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Fitted the 2 x genuine rear Mercedes wheel speed sensors (£110 each!!!), and now my car works once again. Happy days.

Definitely a nice feeling ... but 4 on mine were 4 x £109.80 discounted to £400! Ouch!
( all individually tested 3 totally knackered, and one very marginal ... with a buch of intermittant stored fault codes ... so yes they can all all go pretty much at once ...

It was hard for me to believe it, but My MBII showed it and so did the STAR report, and now changed, the car now works! :)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
got the wife to drive the A Class up to Hammersmith for the excellent Sevan Motors to fit the new timing chain tensioner and top up the coolant I lost, when I messed with the hose jubilee clip in an abortive attempt ... £50! Very reasonable.
On the A160 Petrol Auto its a total bitch!
Great service .... and the wife did Lunch on the Chiswick Broadway. :)
Coupled with the new Mobil1 5W50 the engine now sounds extremely smooth actually like new!
:):):)

His knowledge of A Classes is superb. And so so reasonable.

Also quite rewarding to hear he also thinks the engine sounds excellent ... a reward for Mobil1 every 5,000 miles!
But having done 60,000 miles its time to move from 0W40 to 5W40 as he recommended sort of makes it sound like it did when to was a few months old. :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
D1FE3EBE-4A6D-4D51-88C3-3CBC71953D98.jpeg I did this on the way into work-CL.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I used to do that
Thank God someone on here put me in touch with Collonite 476
2 coats of AG SRP and the top Gloss would bead for 3 weeks.

Used Colonite, two coats in October! Its still beading now ... but is propably now due a top up, to keep it at its best.
IMO its 10x better than AG, and works out soooooo much cheaper. Provided you do 2 panels at a time its just as easy as SRP ,,, and no white dust.

I dread to think how much money I wasted over the decades on AG SRP, and seven times as many applications ... thats a hell of a lot of work!
The issue with AG SRP is the dust as you say, especially on dark coloured cars. There are so many polishes, waxes and sealants on the market and everyone has their favourites. It would cost a lot of money to try them all.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Washed it, the birds strike again!!!!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Further to Craig's post up there ^^, I managed this out of mine yesterday: -

Mileage from Newmarket.jpg

Not the best I've had but certainly not too shabby for a nearly 200 mile trip on a Monday morning. :)

Off to clean it now to get some of the dead stuff off the front...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
All power windows stopped working two days ago. Some up and some down. Warm 30 degree winds swept throughout the car for remainder of 25 minute journey. Traced problem to failure of a 15 year old blade fuse under the rear seat. Inserted new one (spare was under the rear seat inserted originally by AUSTRIAN FACTORY in 2002) and hey presto, all windows working normally again.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Which is what has prompted me to carry this stuff Dave..
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-bug-and-grime.html

I have too much stuff in bottles at the moment John, I just use my #425 on the nowadays which has worked fine this morning. I would have done it beforehand but it was too hot Sunday and I had problems with it streaking and smearing. Oh, and yesterday I was knackered... Just used a clay bar on the back and front screens so they're nice and shiny again. :)

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Further to Craig's post up there ^^, I managed this out of mine yesterday: -

View attachment 43938

Not the best I've had but certainly not too shabby for a nearly 200 mile trip on a Monday morning. :)

Off to clean it now to get some of the dead stuff off the front...
Certainly as good as my Morris Minor would have got 35 years ago!!!

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
It never rains...............(not in Andalucia in June, anyway).now the windscreen washer jets have stopped working and I`m driving home in less than two weeks.
Have;
washer bottle full
checked fuses, all ok
headlamp washer jets, working ok
no signs of obstructions or kinks in pipes
cannot hear pump working when ignition turned on, so could be a faulty pump or a faulty switch on the steering wheel?

Answers on a postcard please..................

normanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C205 c250d prem+ in white,19" alloys, brown artico leather interior
Had auxiliary battery replace in the eco stop go by the dealer now works for longer periods than before

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Doing my head in now, seagulls are the bain of my life, thank got for Sonax and the ease with which stuff washes off!!!!

Time to apply for a shotgun license JB, then the seagulls will never bother you again. It's such a shame, they are protected I believe, bl**dy things are vermin.

I have similar issues with the beggars, there is a large field at the back of my house and when we have inclement weather they seem to hold some sort of congregation there and the cars become a target.

Bugs me that they only seem to target the clean or highly polished cars, (our three for example). :mad::mad::mad:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Time to apply for a shotgun license JB, then the seagulls will never bother you again. It's such a shame, they are protected I believe, bl**dy things are vermin.

I have similar issues with the beggars, there is a large field at the back of my house and when we have inclement weather they seem to hold some sort of congregation there and the cars become a target.

Bugs me that they only seem to target the clean or highly polished cars, (our three for example). :mad::mad::mad:

Unlike you Jim we love 'em. All part of the Seaside experience. It's what they emit that I don't like. We have just had a few days in North Norfolk and didn't get a drop. The problem at the moment is that they are producing their young and if you have a nest near by, we have one in our chimney pot :(, they are flying over your property with more frequently and hence more likely to leave you a deposit on your nice clean car.

Just as an aside, we were talking to our neighbours down the High Street the other day and one pooped right on the top of his head and ricocheted down his wife. It was extremely difficult not to laugh but we did manage not too. Some folk would say that it will bring you luck !! :D:D:D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Unlike you Jim we love 'em. All part of the Seaside experience. It's what they emit that I don't like. We have just had a few days in North Norfolk and didn't get a drop. The problem at the moment is that they are producing their young and if you have a nest near by, we have one in our chimney pot :(, they are flying over your property with more frequently and hence more likely to leave you a deposit on your nice clean car.

Just as an aside, we were talking to our neighbours down the High Street the other day and one pooped right on the top of his head and ricocheted down his wife. It was extremely difficult not to laugh but we did manage not too. Some folk would say that it will bring you luck !! :D:D:D

Their lack of manners offends me and their growing lack of fear of humans alarms me!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Their lack of manners offends me and their growing lack of fear of humans alarms me!
I don't know why Jim but ours are not obviously aggressive unlike the ones in Devon and Cornwall :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom