What is the best valeting products?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Big difference between polish and wax.

You polish the car to remove or fill scratches/swirl marks. Hence me saying no.

You wax/seal it to keep the newly polished paintwork looking good for as long as possible.

If you meant wax/sealant for silver paint then again the answer will still be no.

It will mainly be down to the ‘placebo effect’ some people will recommend a wax or sealant.

The colour of the car however doesn’t matter. It’s just that silver, or any light coloured car, is harder to get the same ‘wow’ factor than it is with a darker colour.

It can be done with the right angles and light conditions, hence why most professional detailers have a workshop with an array of lights on the ceiling walls and stands.

Darker colours you can take outside and and, even in overcast conditions, still show a marked improvement.

The waxes that you’ve had recommended will all work equally as well on your car as they will on a dark car. Dodo Juice and Bilt Hamber make some good stuff. So you won’t go far wrong with either.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Thanks Carl & JBell,

I've read every word on the site about detailing, starting with Carl's excellent write up. My earlier post said clearly that I was going to clay, then polish, then wax. I've learned the difference between the stages, but couldn't find consistent recommendations on product. It seems everyone has a favourite, but they're all different. Having almost ordered half a dozen different polishes and waxes, I was still reaching for a more definitive guide. I realise that, like everyone else I'm going to have to find my own favourites. I've already bought the BSD because almost everyone on here rates it.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Carl & JBell,

I've read every word on the site about detailing, starting with Carl's excellent write up. My earlier post said clearly that I was going to clay, then polish, then wax.

It is a minefield, so many products out there. This is how I do a full clean on my car:

Wash with AG Car Shampoo and rinse, do not dry (The water will lubricate the clay)
Clay with Bilt Hamber "Auto Clay - Regular" (Amazon)
Wash and dry
AG Ultra Deep Shine (SRP for dark colours)
Bilt Hamber "Double Speed" Wax
Sonax BSD

Wheels are done with Bilt Hamber "Auto Wheel Cleaner" (Amazon)
Tyres are dressed with Meguires "Endurance High Gloss" Tyre Gel applied with the Meguires "Tyre Dressing Applicator" Which is just brilliant

Glass polished with AG Glass Polish although I put Sonax on all but the front window.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
It is a minefield, so many products out there. This is how I do a full clean on my car:

Wash with AG Car Shampoo and rinse, do not dry (The water will lubricate the clay)
Wash and dry
Sonax BSD

Tyres are dressed with Meguires "Endurance High Gloss" Tyre Gel applied with the Meguires "Tyre Dressing Applicator" Which is just brilliant

Glass polished with AG Glass Polish although I put Sonax on all but the front window.

The only thing I would do differently is that I don't like glossy tyre dressing. I always do mine with Black Shoe Polish :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The only thing I would do differently is that I don't like glossy tyre dressing. I always do mine with Black Shoe Polish :)

My wheels are Satin Black so I like the gloss tyres next to them :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

Wash and dry
Sonax BSD

You may have said in another post a while back, but how often do you do this full treatment?

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Washed the car with Meguires car shampoo, then took my wife out to buy her a dress -she chose three. Then spent the afternoon polishing the car with Dodo juice. If I buy her some shoes tomorrow, I can spend the rest of the day applying wax to my car. I see now that detailing a car can be expensive. But she's worth it. I'll leave you to guess whether I mean the car or the wife.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom