What mpg is your merc returning.??

davoC220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 C220 diesel elegance
my c220d was getting roughly 40 mpg, but my mate did a diagnostic check and my air temp sensor was blown( which he discovered had blown to pieces- told me it runs at a default temp of -40, now replaced) am getting 45-50 mpg. it always amazed me going from the west end of glasgow across town and up to inverness on a quarter tank, and i still drive like i did when i was 18!!!!

chopperman

Reaction score
I filled the Company Toyota Previa upto the neck after running it very low - I put in 17 litres into the tank more than the service manual quoted it could hold.

I have never seen a callibrated stamp on the pumps to say thay are dispensing the correct amount. I think they set them at their minimum limits

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
So far my real world driving has me at 25mpg average for the past 800 miles or so but around 27mpg for my normal 40 mile run in to work. All that is according to the trip computer. I also write down all my mileage on my petrol receipts so will be able to work back and figure out a real world figure that I'll post up later :cool:

Quick update - seem to have lost a couple of receipts from the past few weeks somehow but on the two I found it worked out at 24 & 26mpg - a combined average of 25 so it looks like the computer is pretty darn accurate on mine at least :cool: I guess time will tell for sure but considering the size of the engine and the performance on tap I'm perfectly happy with my mpg so far :)

Cheers,
Mark

dbean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK 320
My CLK 320 (which I've had two weeks now) has averaged 30.9mpg which I think I'm pleased with. I previously drove a VW Passat 1.9TDi which I consistently got 49mpg out of a full brim to brim tank. So a massive drop in the 320 compared to what I was used to.

Mind you I haven't half got a smile on my face when cruising along with the top down! Who cares it's only money!!!

Lumberjack

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 240 E Touring
hi, I drive a recently purchased Mercedes E class 240 V6 petrol of wich my best MPG is 36 @ 70mph on clear motorway with cruise control on.

I was very suprised

njkmr

Reaction score
Ive only had my car a couple of weeks CL600 54 plate .
I got the dealer who I bought it off to fill it up for me before I collected it .
Doubt he brimmed it ,but it read as full I think ,when I collected it .

It is now ready for filling again .My mileage ......198 miles covered ...!!!

Hope you all feel better about your miles per gallon now !!

The computer says it has averaged 14.8 mpg since last being reset .
Dont know if this accurate ,or how many litres the tank holds even ,but I know it has given me mucho pleasure showing all the people who wanted a ride in it what it can do .

Have a nice 200 mile trip next week ,so i will see what it can do at a nice steady 70 ish .

Most of what I have done so far has been short trips around town with a quick blast up the motorway ,usually less than 4 or 5 miles at a time so I expect it to guzzle a bit .

Regards
Rob .

Well after my 210 mile trip up the motorway today ,it was reading averages of 26,27 ish mpg .
Tank is now just under half full so I should get minimum 300 out of this tank full with a bit of care .
But on the other hand ,I did not buy the car to watch the fuel gauge or mileage so what the hell .....
The car is fantastic .!!!!! Sod the expense .:lol::lol::lol:

rutland-boy

Reaction score
Just noticed the thread.

Very interesting, I am currently getting 26.7 (ish) MPG on LPG and 30.4 MPG on 'normal' fuel.

The LPG system is multi point injection, that I had fitted, and just coming up to its 2nd anniversary so the figures are quite well tested now... and its been great :D how can it not be when I buy LPG at 45.9p a litre :D:D atlhough its important to get it services (LPG) every 10K miles.

I'm not heavy footed, mixture of normal motorway miles (75-85ish) and round town etc. a fill of LPG (approx 60L) normally does me about 310-330 miles and costs me around £27, performance in normal use is well normal (!) and dont notice the difference, another benefit is that it seems to be kind on the engine, when it was serviced recently the oil that came out was still a nice oily colour not black'ish, the tech thought it looked like it didn't need changing :shock:

Its cheaper to run that my wifes clio and my colleagues fiesta :shock: a pity that services and parts are so expensive although I'm learning how to fix it myself and getting parts from ebay and good breakers seems to be working well - now to fix that duo valve and the SRS light :rolleyes: perhaps tempting fate :shock:

Last edited:

Ian Nexus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 Estate C250TD
My W202 C250TD Estate is giving me 36mpg on daily commute 9 miles each way, definate improvement on my previous 58 plate Dodge Caliber 1.8SXT which gave 33mpg on same run.

Ian

axe220cdi

Reaction score
53 plate E-class W211 220CDI saloon, manual, diesel:
Varies between 35 in town, and 52 on the road!
Very pleased if you ask me!!!:p

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
If I sit on the Motorway at 70 - (ish) I get 36.5 from a reset. Looking at 400+miles from a tank and thats outstanding for a 2.6 petrol I thought!!
I do town driving aswell, so am sure I can get that sub 25 if I try :)

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
i have a 97. e-300 td. 7 seat eleg. est. with 190,000 on the clock.

when i purchased it new it returned 26mpg urban, and 36 mpg on long journeys with m/ways.

at 180,000 the consumption was 24mpg urban and 32 mpg longer journeys.

i had new bosche injectors fitted, new glow plugs and new MAF. the consumption now is the same as when new.

tyre pressures and the way you accelerate and brake can affect the mpg circa 10%.

i am quite happy with such a big vehicle, with comfort safety, etc. herbiemercman.

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
CLK 350
Get about 32 on a run, between 22/26 knocking about and about 16 when i get daft....:D
but don't really care, just love the ****** car....:rolleyes:

I am getting about the same with my SLK32 AMG and as its pretty new to me still having daft moments trying the power out and i love it !!!:D

Last check 45 ltrs 250 miles and that was a mixture of town motorway and putting foot down. 25 mpg

stevesey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 Sport 98
32mpg (45 miles motorway, 35 miles A road every day)

questor

New Registration
Reaction score
I have a CLS 350 CGI 2007. At 75 mph in cruise control on motorway it gives 28mpg, which is not as big an improvement over the older 350 as I expected. I would welcome comment from other CLS 350 owners.

Axcontrols

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
53 ML 270CDI, 2017 GLA200d
53 ML270 CDI 180 Miles at 80MPH = 25.5MPG

Not sure if that's good or bad ?

Top Bottom