What to do with 8 years NCD?

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
I have 8 years NCD that will not be in use from this month.

Any ingenious ideas for me so I can keep them, without it costing me a fortune?

Already considering alternative year by year who insures our lasses motor, but that then restricts what she can drive when I'm insuring it as she won't be an 'open driver'.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
buy a cheap little runabout and insure it as cheaply as is possible (regarding cover levels and/or cost) at alternate years, and sorn the vehicle when not needed?

incidentally why wont the NCD be in use? will it ever be required in the future?

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
I suggest you just save what you pay for insurance and set it against any increased insurance costs in the future due to having no NCD.
Are you giving up your NCD due to the use of a company car? If so insurers usually take your claim history on company vehicles into consideration when you take out a new policy in the future. They did for me anyway.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Most insurers will allow the NCD to "live on" for two years from when you last had it assigned to a policy, check with your insurer but you may not have to do anything at the moment, especially if you plan to use the NCD within two years.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Depends a lot on what you are paying for insurance, if its around or over £200 then probably cheaper to let it go.
You could try one of the compare sites and check what you would be paying without a bonus. this will give you an idea if you should keep it, but I can't see the worth in paying for something you don't use.
There used to be a scheme where you could pay a reduced premium to insure a vehicle that was laid up, so that may be worth checking out.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom