What's wrong with me??

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

I'm currently insured with the AA at a cost of £360 ish. Renewal came through at £780 ish - so no thank you!

I can get quotes around 460 + from comaprison sites, but Direct line / John Lewis / LV / AA and in fact any of the direct insurance sites say they are unable to provide me with a quote?? This is despite being what I would have thought was a very safe risk (no adverse history, 12 yearsNCD, Non-modified car, employed, home owner, etc).

Easy money for any insurer I would have thought.

Just curious to know why? If anyone has any thoughts

Regards

Steve

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Hi,

I'm currently insured with the AA at a cost of £360 ish. Renewal came through at £780 ish - so no thank you!

I can get quotes around 460 + from comaprison sites, but Direct line / John Lewis / LV / AA and in fact any of the direct insurance sites say they are unable to provide me with a quote?? This is despite being what I would have thought was a very safe risk (no adverse history, 12 yearsNCD, Non-modified car, employed, home owner, etc).

Easy money for any insurer I would have thought.

Just curious to know why? If anyone has any thoughts

Regards

Steve
is it because you are in Pompey?

I've been with LV and their predecessors for decades. They won't insure my kids though. Direct line would, but tried to fleece me for the following year.
Have you tried Lancaster and the others who like to do MBO club types like us?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
For accident not involving me. Mine went fron 337 to 780. No thanks from bank of Scotland went to aviva 455 still 120 odd over last yr reading on news insurers hav hit us 40%50%. So food +20% energy plus%? Fuel plus % cat tax plus inflation rate. But pay for most +2% mortgage plus 400 a month. How does that even work for most. If ur not on index linked pension Yr well fd. Maybe we start putting people down at 65???

Kudly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C209 CLK200K AG 2006
Certainly would be good to find out why some outfits won't insure you. Could be bad or wrong data or postcode (hard to believe that would be it, Southsea is a great place to be) or age or parts availability. Try using a broker, Chris Knott is pretty good.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Car insurance can be baffling at times and it is impossible to directly compare what different people pay...even if they are neighbours and drive the same model of car! :confused:
I mentioned in another thread yesterday that I am very pleasantly surprised with my Aviva premium this year.
Brand new Ford Puma ST - £252 with zero excess, protected no claims and legal cover.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
It's a lottery designed to confuse punters. N get more out of them.
If I report an incident not involving me, but advising that someone with no business doing so may? Try to claim from me. How does that make me a bigger risk., ( the reason given when I asked insurer why increase.) I had been honest that's all, premium jump from 337 odd to 780. Next time I will just drive on, nothing touched my car. Even going to aviva cost me around 120 more as they fd my no claim to 9 Yr.

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
My premium (admiral )jumped from £680 (cls63 5.5 v8) to £1102 (rr velar 2.0 l )…..absolutely speechless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
Is it because you have left it till it’s due and now these ****ers have got you by the balls.

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
I don't renew until 13/07/23, but I know what you mean :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Got fed up scouring the internet filling in countlessa details - to be told "we are unable to provide you with a quote". So, phoned NFU for a quote. They kept me on hold for 10 minutes until I got fed up and rang off. So, rang Chris Knott who sorted me out a great deal (with all the whistles and bells) in a matter of minutes. I can now forget about this time consuming crxp for another 12 months :)

Kudly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C209 CLK200K AG 2006
I don't renew until 13/07/23, but I know what you mean :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Got fed up scouring the internet filling in countlessa details - to be told "we are unable to provide you with a quote". So, phoned NFU for a quote. They kept me on hold for 10 minutes until I got fed up and rang off. So, rang Chris Knott who sorted me out a great deal (with all the whistles and bells) in a matter of minutes. I can now forget about this time consuming crxp for another 12 months :)
Damn, I could have got a referral payment ;)
Glad you're sorted, not just the human touch with them but they will get you good cover not just in terms of price.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
It seems to depend on how the individual insurers want to balance their own risk book. My LV premium jumped up to £574 this year so I did some shopping around. Apart from a few unknown firms, LV were cheapest but I had several quotes around £1100. NFU service was great but they came out at around £1k. Mind you, I turned 70 last year so I’m now classified a “old” and “old people” apparently aren’t such a good risk. :confused:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom