Wheel Woolies

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I decided to buy these highly rated wheel brushes because this is the first car I've owned in a while where I cant fit my hand between the brake disc and the front wheel rims.
Cleaning to the back of the wheel is important to me so I bought these.
I haven't used them yet....but maybe tomorrow. :)
Wheel Woolies.jpg

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I decided to buy these highly rated wheel brushes because this is the first car I've owned in a while where I cant fit my hand between the brake disc and the front wheel rims.
Cleaning to the back of the wheel is important to me so I bought these.
I haven't used them yet....but maybe tomorrow. :)
View attachment 60367

Let us know how you get on with them Ron. I have been using the 'kent' wheel brush but I can't reach very far into the wheel with them. On the old car it was OK because they were 7 spoke and there was plenty of room, however on this one it is a bit harder. :rolleyes:

67ee3c7ea9cd45f9b54d4de9d5924cdc.jpg

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Certainly will do Andy......my honest unbiased opinion will be forthcoming shortly. :)

andys320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S211 280 CDi 2009, Porsche Boxster ,much missed Mercedes S320CDi 2003
Without doubt the best wheel brushes I have ever used, generally the medium to reach behind caliper, (though not on E280 with 16" wheels) and the small to get behind spokes and also into crevices on front of wheels.

Used and abused fon three cars at least once every other week and still good as new.

To maximise effectiveness suggest a good wheel sealant to ensure dust just sweeps away, I generally use CarPro Dlux but recently tried Wowo's Crystal sealant.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Great brushes, I think I got a set of 3. The little one also great for narrow gapped spokes and the large one to get through to the wheel backs as I try to keep them as clean as possible

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used my Wheel Woolies this afternoon for the first time.
From the set of 3 I used the largest and smallest brushes which are 18" and 8" long respectively. The largest for cleaning inside the wheels to the back, and smallest for cleaning in between the spokes. Nothing can fit between the front brake calipers and the wheel so I had to rotate the wheels half a turn to do a thorough job.
Very easy to use and seem very well made....and after use cleaned by running water from my hose pipe then shake which leaves them almost dry.
There are much cheaper wheel brushes on the market which might do as good a job, but I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, and from all accounts these are top quality and can last for years if looked after properly.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom