Which Dashcam?

ardaelius

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 2010 2.1 diesel four door w204 c250 cdi blue eff sport
hello yousuf i have a q v i a a r 790 front and rear cams, they may also put you in a difficult position if pulled over by smokey, i e drive care fully,ardaelius

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
hello yousuf i have a q v i a a r 790 front and rear cams, they may also put you in a difficult position if pulled over by smokey, i e drive care fully,ardaelius
Also bear in mind if you drive on the continent with speed camera GPS dash cams they may be confiscated if found by the local constabularies.

LouisLadot

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A 180 CDI 2015 1.5-litre 4cyl diesel
Interesting Topic about Dash Cams I have a M6P Plus on the front and a Nextbase on the back. I have them hardwired to the fuse box, through a fuse to a double extension socket that sits under the front passenger seat, where I plug the two into. Had them since I bought my A180 CD, I was involved in the recall about the faulty air bags. Car went into Mercedes Glasgow last Tuesday for the job to be done. Got car back drove away quit happy, Sunday took myself over the new Forth Bridge Queensferry Crossing, thinking I will have some good footage of my journey. Only to discover my dashcames disconnected, The only place this could of happend was Mercedes Glasgow while in for call back, on the phone to them I was told that they disconnect the dashcames of all cars that come into the Garage to protect the privacy of other customers and had forgot to reconnect mine. I was in incandescent with rage, (like that word) as I could of been involved in an indecent and it was not being recorded due to there negligence of not reconnecting my dashcames, Don't think I will be using them again.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Here's how I wired mine using the provided 3m USB cable

PSU connected using supplied fuse-tap.

42761336181_fe2e80478d_z.jpg

Cable routed forward through trim panel and follows door seal.

28887608348_41718f02c4_z.jpg

Forward to A pillar and around headlining .

42761335981_5ed261c243_z.jpg

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Interesting Topic about Dash Cams I have a M6P Plus on the front and a Nextbase on the back. I have them hardwired to the fuse box, through a fuse to a double extension socket that sits under the front passenger seat, where I plug the two into. Had them since I bought my A180 CD, I was involved in the recall about the faulty air bags. Car went into Mercedes Glasgow last Tuesday for the job to be done. Got car back drove away quit happy, Sunday took myself over the new Forth Bridge Queensferry Crossing, thinking I will have some good footage of my journey. Only to discover my dashcames disconnected, The only place this could of happend was Mercedes Glasgow while in for call back, on the phone to them I was told that they disconnect the dashcames of all cars that come into the Garage to protect the privacy of other customers and had forgot to reconnect mine. I was in incandescent with rage, (like that word) as I could of been involved in an indecent and it was not being recorded due to there negligence of not reconnecting my dashcames, Don't think I will be using them again.
I would imagine it’s more to protect them than customers, or perhaps I’m becoming overly cynical.

Robin

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Have a look at this and all will be revealed (courtesy of JBell)
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/confessions-of-a-service-manager.169353/

normanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C205 c250d prem+ in white,19" alloys, brown artico leather interior
What did they charge for fitting

OP
Y

Yousuf Adia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200D 2018 E213
I have a E200d (W213). Went to Halford today to inquire. Was told they do a fair bit of E classes and that the fuse box is at the back, so the cable has to run to the boot.

Is this true? Where abouts is the fuse box?

Will also drop an email to Halfords to make sure they guarantee their work

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
There are 3 fuse boxes in the 213...one of those is in the boot certainly

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom