OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
Rowing gets more money than athletics, astonishing when you consider how limited the numbers of people who have ever had the opportunity to row

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
They all need funding, how else are they supposed to pay for the drugs ?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
All sports need funding. I know medals are the goal, but tell that to the athletes and competitors that now have funding withdrawn. Seems unfair to me.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Women's Lingerie Rugby.

Being serious, I see some funding for shooting but it isn't broken down by discipline (target, clay etc). Also para- fencing but not just fencing, which has always been one of our stronger sports.

POV Drone Racing would be a good one, but not as good as:

Big Gun Model Battleships. An Ozzie thing, scale model battleships 5-6" long, fibreglass, electric motor driven, with big cut-outs in the hull that are "armoured" with thin sheet balsa. They're armed with CO2 powered BB guns in the turrets (which can swivel...) and sink each other by pummelling holes through the balsa. Never tried it but it does look jolly good fun!

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
none of it in my opinion, which I know will probably upset others. Surely £345 million could be better spent

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Good point what happened to the celebration of amateur endeavour.

How we squealed it was so unfair when the damn commies started running medal factories, never mind the drugs.

You want to run then run but I'm not taking money from the social care budget to pay for it even if its disguised in that great poor tax system the national lottery.

Endless poor mug punters buying some dreams to pay for me to run around a track wouldn't sit comfortably with my conscience.

I would just run to work not think the commute was the work.

The system inevitably leads to undeserving losers.

Top Bottom