windolene on nav screen

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
As above remove it all now and fit a screen protector. It does appear you have removed some of the coating.

I use Brotect airglass screen protectors on my watches and wrist GPS. They are very good, easy to apply, never any bubbles and often already cut to size.

Eg.

BROTECT AirGlass Flexible Glass Protector for Mercedes-Benz Navigation 20 Screen Protector Glass Ultra Clear - Extra-Hard, Ultra-Light https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06X9DWZSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hPijBbVRKJEVM

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
As above remove it all now and fit a screen protector. It does appear you have removed some of the coating.

I use Brotect airglass screen protectors on my watches and wrist GPS. They are very good, easy to apply, never any bubbles and often already cut to size.

Eg.

BROTECT AirGlass Flexible Glass Protector for Mercedes-Benz Navigation 20 Screen Protector Glass Ultra Clear - Extra-Hard, Ultra-Light https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06X9DWZSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hPijBbVRKJEVM
Thanks Carl. I'll get some Brasso Gadget as previously advised and remove the rest of the anti-glare. What are new MB shipped with now, maybe something a bit tougher?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Thanks Carl. I'll get some Brasso Gadget as previously advised and remove the rest of the anti-glare. What are new MB shipped with now, maybe something a bit tougher?

It’s more a glass screen akin to an iPad now.

The gadget care won’t remove it I don’t think. It will just clean it and give it an oleophobic coating.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It’s more a glass screen akin to an iPad now.

The gadget care won’t remove it I don’t think. It will just clean it and give it an oleophobic coating.
So I'm not removing the old anti glare, just using gadget care to oleophobic coating before applying the screen? To be honest I can live for a while.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
So I'm not removing the old anti glare, just using gadget care to oleophobic coating before applying the screen? To be honest I can live for a while.

No I wasn’t saying don’t remove it.

If you place a screen protector over it you may still see the markings behind it. Brasso Gadget Care isn’t caustic and only really removes finger prints/smears etc.

Once you have removed the coating then clean the screen with gadget care. Then apply the screen protector.

Other way is buy two protectors. Fit one and see if you can still see the marks. If you can remove it, remove the coating and then put the other protector on. If not then stick the other one on eBay.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No I wasn’t saying don’t remove it.

If you place a screen protector over it you may still see the markings behind it. Brasso Gadget Care isn’t caustic and only really removes finger prints/smears etc.

Once you have removed the coating then clean the screen with gadget care. Then apply the screen protector.

Other way is buy two protectors. Fit one and see if you can still see the marks. If you can remove it, remove the coating and then put the other protector on. If not then stick the other one on eBay.
I'm happy to remove the old layer then apply the protector. I'll use wondolene as that has worked so far! Cheers.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I'm happy to remove the old layer then apply the protector. I'll use wondolene as that has worked so far! Cheers.

Might be worth trying Amberclens.
Seen that clean odd colour casts on ( Plasticky ) laptop screens, tends not to be harmful to most plastics.
But TEST IT FIRST ON A CORNER, AS ONE NEVER KNOWS.

OR
Ziess rifle scope lens cleaner. Apparrently does not remove Anti Fog and Anti Glare costings ... they also told me it wouldnt effect Camera Lens coatings.
Cleaned the £2,000 Leopold Scope perfectly. They said it would be Ok
Did try it in the Canon 70-200 F2.8 L .lens glass .. no VISIBLE adverse effect I could see on that, But then those Pro Lenses have so much techo crap on them , would I know??

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom