Window not closing.

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
I ve a e class 2011 diesel coupe.
Another day, another issue. Had a new battery fitted and dpf sensor. All's well at the moment apart from passenger back window doesn't close up automatically.
Drivers side is fine.
So if anyone gets in passenger side it drops the glass to let you in and goes up, but the rear window doesn't shunt up. I have to press the rear switch to push it up. Only thing that's changed is the new battery

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Turn the ignition into Position 1, (one turn to the right) and use the window switch to lower the window to the bottom, then raise it to the top and hold the button down for 10 seconds. That should reset the window.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Turn the ignition into Position 1, (one turn to the right) and use the window switch to lower the window to the bottom, then raise it to the top and hold the button down for 10 seconds. That should reset the window.
As above to reset the windows

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Right, thanks for that. I take it you mean the rear window?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Yes. Whichever window is not closing properly, use the corresponding switch as above and the problem should be solved.
If you have push button start, you can start the car if its easier , then carry out the button press.

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Yes. Whichever window is not closing properly, use the corresponding switch as above and the problem should be solved.
If you have push button start, you can start the car if its easier , then carry out the button press.
Okay, I'll try tomorrow, cheers

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Nope, doesn't work. You said hold button down, but pushing button makes window go down, hold it up brings it up. So l then can't hold button down for 10 seconds.

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Nope, doesn't work. You said hold button down, but pushing button makes window go down, hold it up brings it up. So l then can't hold button down for 10 seconds.
I held button up for 10 seconds when fully closed and didn't work. If l shut window from bottom to closed and let go, it jumps back a bit

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Make sure the door is closed. Press button down and hold for at least 5 seconds after it gets to the bottom. Then pull up and hold up for at least 5 seconds after it has got to the top. That worked for me on my 207.

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Make sure the door is closed. Press button down and hold for at least 5 seconds after it gets to the bottom. Then pull up and hold up for at least 5 seconds after it has got to the top. That worked for me on my 207.
I ll try that. Only thing that's changed is new battery and coded

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Nope, doesn't work

OP
P

Paintboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupé
Nope, doesn't work
Hello mate, shut all doors this time, the window jumped back a bit after holding button up, but found a thread saying if it does that, hold it up for another 10 seconds,and it worked. Cheers

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hello mate, shut all doors this time, the window jumped back a bit after holding button up, but found a thread saying if it does that, hold it up for another 10 seconds,and it worked. Cheers
Result! Well done.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom