Window surrounds

bigcatman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 500
Hi , can anyone advise on how to remove cloudiness from the chrome surrounds around my car windows . They are not pitted just dull and patchy looking . I was going to try Brasso but await your thoughts Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These are probably anodized alli I would try something like the Aerospace 303 or some other polish first.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Replacment sorry to say . My BMW had this problem, and the car was jet black, it made it look realy bad. I did every thing i could to make it look nice. As Malcome as noted , the alloy coating as broken down and weather gets in to make it how it is.If you removed them one at a time. You can re polish the item ,and then clear coat them .

OP
B

bigcatman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 500
Cheers guys , luckily enough they are not that bad , I am just being fussy . I am going to give them a go with a very fine compound that I have . Hopefully this will bring them up , failing this I will just live with them being a little dull as I have no intention replacing them as the car is 10 years old . Thanks for advice

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You could have them wrapped, cost about £150 to do them all

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom