Wing mirror indicator problems (W169 - Facelift)

W169 Facelift Owner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class / 2009 / 1.7 Petrol
My right wing mirror indicator has stopped working and I realised today that unfortunately the problem is not the led indicator, as I had originally suspected. Following the helpful guidance provided by GLK on my previous thread (http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/i...-indicator-w169-facelift.171620/#post-1662313), I managed today to open up the mirror cover and remove the old indicator. Quite disappointingly, I soon realised the new indicator that I installed would not work either. Thus, I am now thinking that it may be an electrical problem and that I may need to buy a new mirror unit. Before proceeding though with this, I thought I would ask if any members who have experience in such problems know if there are any fuses that I need to also check or whether there is a possibility that the problem might be with the SAM or another part of the electrical system. I would like to avoid finding myself with a new mirror unit only to realise after installing it that this will not solve my problem. Any guidance/suggestions would be most helpful!

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
Hello.

Do the mirrors fold in when you lock the car?

If so. It sounds like a broken wire.

They're all black which doesn't help.

I repaired mine with a replacement loom.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As above - check all the wires, also open the cover at the front top of the door card, and check if the top plug (black if non-folding mirrors, dark beige, if folding ones) is seated firmly.

Are all the other functions okay? Adjustment, heating, folding (if present)?

OP
W

W169 Facelift Owner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you Rubber_Undies and GLK for your replies. Indeed, I have looked this further and unfortunately it seemed that the wire for the indicator was broken. Everything else was working fine. As I am not that proficient with fixing wires and I had to pass an MOT, I had to get a new mirror. Everything is working fine now. Thank you for your helpful replies.

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
Thank you Rubber_Undies and GLK for your replies. Indeed, I have looked this further and unfortunately it seemed that the wire for the indicator was broken. Everything else was working fine. As I am not that proficient with fixing wires and I had to pass an MOT, I had to get a new mirror. Everything is working fine now. Thank you for your helpful replies.
That's excellent news. Glad youve got it sorted. Thanks for for the kudos and letting us know the outcome.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
At least you are back on the road.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is expensive ... glad you have the problem resolved though.

If you were local, I could've fix it for you.

I hope you didn't bin the old mirror ...

OP
W

W169 Facelift Owner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is expensive ... glad you have the problem resolved though.

If you were local, I could've fix it for you.

I hope you didn't bin the old mirror ...
Thank you GLK. It's a shame that it all happened very near the MOT deadline and I did not have much time to look for a fix.

KMB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169 / 2011 / 180 Diesel
Hi all,

Just wondered if wiring loom replacement or a repair service is still available for the W169 wingmirrors?

I managed to repair one wire and then 2 weeks later another failed and now no indicator.

Any advice would be appreciated.

KMB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169 / 2011 / 180 Diesel
This morning the parcel arrived with my wing mirrors and fixed wiring looms.

Not bad for 45 notes per wing mirror.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom