Winter Tyres

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It’s what I’m thinking Jon, half the price of Michelin and Conti,-Uniroyal are owned by Conti anyway, reviews are reasonable
Think I will take one for the team and report ( as long as the car doesn’t kill me !!)

Can't go wrong IMO people poo pooed the RS3 so I put them on and presto. The only downside is poor fuel economy (like that will bother you). They rate well against the established brands so at the price point they seem an excellent choice

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can't go wrong IMO people poo pooed the RS3 so I put them on and presto. The only downside is poor fuel economy (like that will bother you). They rate well against the established brands so at the price point they seem an excellent choice
Fuel economy is again quoted negatively with these but as you say that doesn’t bother me greatly

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Fuel economy is again quoted negatively with these but as you say that doesn’t bother me greatly

If it cut your fuel consumption by 10% it would be a lot less than cutting mine by the same!!!!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
If it cut your fuel consumption by 10% it would be a lot less than cutting mine by the same!!!!!
Utterly true!
So 2mpg one way or the other...really? Who cares :)

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
'I've never tried Guinness because I don't like it.'

I for one, am completely happy with this informed approach.

I do like Guinness and there's only so much to go around...

If every Tom, Dick and Harry start partaking of my beer choice, the cost will inevitably rise and worse, there maybe a shortage!

Nothing could be more dread inducing than the prospect of a Guinness drought....

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I for one, am completely happy with this informed approach.

I do like Guinness and there's only so much to go around...

If every Tom, Dick and Harry start partaking of my beer choice, the cost will inevitably rise and worse, there maybe a shortage!

Nothing could be more dread inducing than the prospect of a Guinness drought....

As for winters, Conti's for me ;)
Although the rears are looking like only one more season left:(

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Which is why the temperatures will SOAR this weekend ;)

Strangely enough, on Gozo where snow is unheard of, the rainy season has begun. When that happens, the roads become slippery as ice, due to the rubber and diesel laid down over the summer months, and the unwary can easily get caught out.

That's where winter (read 'all season') tyres score ... but try telling that to the Gozitans!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Right! After much faffing around and thinking of a second set of wheels (18” to use up my Dunlop 3D’s in my garage), I’ve just bitten the bullet and ordered the aforesaid Uniroyal MS 77 Plus winter tyres 255/35 R19 V XL MS from Oponeo at £135/corner- fitted locally at £15 a wheel so that’s £600 all in.
So I will be the guinea pig and report. If they are anything like others have experienced with the RS3’s then happy days! Wish me luck :oops:
So, still trying to sell the 7mm tread + winters in the garage Dunlop 3D Wintersport 255/40 R18 95Y to make some space- will accept £200 for the 4 + £35 delivered anywhere in the UK (or collect from the Wirral free)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

[Ahem]... I believe I may have been fully supportive of The Shark...! ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom